Animal Rights activists steal grandma body to blackmail farm
Posted: 30 September 2005 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

This is gross:

From the BBC website:

Three men are due in court charged with conspiring to blackmail the family of a woman whose grave was desecrated.

The body of Gladys Hammond, 82, was stolen from St Peter’s churchyard in Yoxall, Staffs, in October last year.

She was related to the Hall family, the owners of a farm where guinea pigs were bred, who have been targeted by animal rights campaigners since 1999.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 30 September 2005 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

That is the least of what these shitheads get up to, see…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1580487,00.html

The move follows attacks by activists - documented on the US-based website

As President George W. Bush put it, “[...] any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.”

Posted: 30 September 2005 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

A) Being documented on a US based web site does not make the group US based.

B) Protests are not terrorism.

C) Courts issuing restraining orders is not “harboring.”

You do not seem to have read the article.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 30 September 2005 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Terry Austin - 30 September 2005 04:56 PM

B) Protests are not terrorism.

You do not seem to have read the article.

On the contrary, YOU do not seem to have read it well. These are not just protesters. These are people that use violence, threath, and gross crimes to further their ideals. They are terrorists indeed.

In Britain these Animal Rights militants are placing boms at research institutions, mollest peope, threathen them.

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 30 September 2005 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

There is zero evidence in the article that this group has any presence in the US whatsoever. Why bring up the Bush quote?

Courts issuing restraining orders is not harboring the criminals. So why bring up the Bush quote?

They are not terrorists, they are mentally ill criminals. Or they are terrorists, and so is every single other criminal in the world, which is to say, “terrorist” is an utterly meaningless word.

In short, the OP looks like he was just trolling for a fight by trashing Bush, and couldn’t find a better reason to do so (and face it, it isn’t difficult).

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 30 September 2005 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

TERRORISM
Pronunciation: ‘ter-&r-“i-z&m
Function: noun
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Emphasis mine.

These people engage in acts of terror.  They are terrorists.  Any criminal who engages in acts of terror, such as extorting ‘protection’ money or planting bombs, is a terrrorist.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 01 October 2005 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Terry Austin - 30 September 2005 10:53 PM

There is zero evidence in the article that this group has any presence in the US whatsoever. Why bring up the Bush quote?

Well, they have clear presence in the US. Take a look at THIS website serving as outlet of their ideas and actions to the world. The website IP is Singapore registered, but the contact address they list on their website is this USA address:

222 Lakeview Ave
Ste. 160-231
West Palm Beach, FL. 33401

Also take a look at their reports regarding their actions:

* BOMB DETONATED ON DOORSTEP OF HLS CLIENT, GLAXO, DIRECTOR
* ARSON ATTACK ON OXFORD UNIVERSITY PROPERTY
* HLS CLIENT EMPLOYEE’S CARS ATTACKED
* FOR SARAH: HLS SUPPLIER EMPLOYEES’ HOME, CARS ATTACKED
* ANIMAL RIGHTS MILITIA THREATENS HLS ASSOCIATES

...to point to only a few…..

Does this open your eyes, young man? These are TERRORISTS, with a clear and open presence in the USA. Or is West Palm Beach, Florida, no longer the USA?

Signature 

———

Posted: 01 October 2005 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

They’re sick. The thing I don’t understand is, humans are animals, they want to punish people who are cruel to animals, i.e digging up graves (personally i think thats worse than animal testing, and that’s the least of what they do), so they are in effect being cruel to animals (humans) for testing on animals.

Anyway, I’m sure if they’re significant other or children were seriously ill, they would have no trouble using the medicines that would not have been created if it wasn’t for animal testing. I’m sure that over half of them have eaten meat in their lives, and I’m sure that all of them have done something we would think was wrong (i.e. digging up graves, stalking people, attempted bombings).

Anyway, I’m not altogether for animal testing, I don’t agree with all of it, but on the whole, I think the good outweighs the bad and I also think that the protesters (I agree they are terrorists) are in effect making their battle harder as if they do these things people are going to sympathise with the people they are fighting against, and are much less likely to ‘join forces’ with these people.

That’s me done!

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 01 October 2005 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

When I was working as a biochemist for Virginia, some little terrorist group was going around blowing up and burning down labs like the one I was working in.  Somebody even shot up the building I was working at, although not when I was there.  They claimed that by figuring out which types of wheat grew best in Virginia, or by figuring out how to stop farmers from overusing nitrates, that we were destroying the “natural order of things” and so we had to be stopped by any method.

Little terrorist groups like this pop up in the US every year, just as they do elsewhere in the world.  And every year the FBI goes and shuts down little terrorist groups, usually before the terrorists even get organised enough to do anything.  Very rarely does it ever make the news.  Plus, the FBI has a big long list of suspected terrorist groups in the US that they keep a close eye on.  If no action has been taken against the people at West Palm Beach, Florida, it’s probably due to one of three reasons:  the people at that address aren’t actively linked to terrorist acts, they are actively linked to terrorist acts but there isn’t enough evidence for the US government to take action against them, or else there is enough evidence but the FBI is watching them to see if they can track down even more of their organization.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 October 2005 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

” placing boms at research institutions, mollest peope, threathen them.”

A little off topic, but I have to ask, did LaMa become the new Stephen while I was gone?

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 01 October 2005 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Citizen Premier - 01 October 2005 11:13 PM

A little off topic, but I have to ask, did LaMa become the new Stephen while I was gone?

Hey: watch your words dude!

Signature 

———

Posted: 02 October 2005 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18
LaMa - 02 October 2005 12:23 AM
Citizen Premier - 01 October 2005 11:13 PM

Hey: watch your words dude!

Heh, I could say the same thing to you.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

1 of 2