Conservapedia - possible joke?
Posted: 02 March 2007 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

That’s a great website teh!

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 24 January 2010 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

If it is not too late to chime in, yes the site is supposed to be dead serious. The site creator is one Andy Schlafly, who is a home school teacher who seems to genuinely believe that girls are naturally less intelligent than boys and thus gives them easier tests and more time to take them in. His mother is Phyllis Schlafly who, among other things, does not believe that there is such thing as marital rape (“By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don’t think you can call it rape.”)

And yes, there are a ton of people who write parody articles on there. Thanks to Poe’s Law though, it’s kind of hard to figure out which is which. As a result, Andy has gotten extremely paranoid about “vandalism” and bans people at the first sign of disagreeing with him.

I’m not 100% certain on this, but I also heard that the site is run by Andy and a group of homeschooled teenagers called “The Panel” (which would explain what Lama said about the simplistic writing). Oh, and the site seems to be working on rewriting the Bible to edit out liberal leanings. Hand-to-God, not making that one up at all.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 24 January 2010 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

Wow. Even I’m not THAT conservative….. rolleyes

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 24 January 2010 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-01

I know, right?

On the other hand, that sounds like a new series of ambitious projects for various groups. Imagine the possibilities - rewrite the Torah with no conservative leanings! Erase all of those Islamic sympathies from Tom Sawyer! Translate the Kama Sutra whilst carefully removing those pro-Nazi and anti-American sentiments!

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 24 January 2010 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I clicked the link first given by MadC and got:’

This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.

* 22:34, 17 September 2009 Karajou (Talk | contribs) deleted “Cactus” ‎ (content was: ‘Cacti at Big Bend National Park in [[Texas]] ‘’‘Cactus’‘’ is the collective term for plants from the Cactaceae family. The plural is sometimes listed as ‘‘cacti’’ however ‘‘cactus’’ is also an a…’)

Who deleted it and why?

Anyway, I’ve always lived by the addage that all who do not believe what I do are ‘wrong’, and that comes from ‘hulitpedia’.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 January 2010 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-01
hulitoons - 25 January 2010 03:22 AM

I clicked the link first given by MadC and got:’

This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.

* 22:34, 17 September 2009 Karajou (Talk | contribs) deleted “Cactus” ‎ (content was: ‘Cacti at Big Bend National Park in [[Texas]] ‘’‘Cactus’‘’ is the collective term for plants from the Cactaceae family. The plural is sometimes listed as ‘‘cacti’’ however ‘‘cactus’’ is also an a…’)

Who deleted it and why?

Anyway, I’ve always lived by the addage that all who do not believe what I do are ‘wrong’, and that comes from ‘hulitpedia’.

Huh. Well, either it was a joke post and someone caught on or someone realized how insane that was and changed it.

Signature 

~Dave Barry

Posted: 26 January 2010 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

Lets face it, the guy is a nutcase and his site is haven for like minded individuals.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 11 June 2010 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2007-07-11

haaai

long time since i last checked in.

anyway, stil some pages are hilarious and they are setting a anti evolutution and anti abortion campain, asking for people to make pages for that.

Signature 

have you ever danced with the devil in plae moonlight?

Posted: 31 August 2010 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-31

That site is such a joke… I followed a link to an anti atheism site, and there was a bit that read something like this “at the beginning there was nothing, nothing at all. Suddenly, everything just exploded from nothing…Makes perfect sense.” Does it make less sense than a higher being just spontaneously making the universe before there was an area to exist in? Not really… (Not that I hate religon or anything, I just hate people who throw stones when their house is also made of glass.

{paginate}
3 of 3
{/paginate}