3 Year Old Prodigy, Real or Fake?
Posted: 23 February 2007 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrdRrAjpcDM

A 3 year old boy uses fingerpaint to create a pointillist(sp?) painting of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

THere is a raging debate over whether or not this is for real. I honestly can’t tell, the video is a bit grainy and youtube runs kind of choppy on my machine so I can’t tell if it was edited or not. The thing that makes me suspicious is that this video is on the TMNT website.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 February 2007 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Completely fake.  Only at the beginning and end do you ever see the child’s face connected to the hand and the painting at the same time.  Most scenes are of the kid, or just the hand on the paper.  Definitely edited a lot.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 24 February 2007 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2006-01-19

well you do see the kid ‘painting’ a few times, but he looks more like he’s just rubbing the paint into the picture to look like he’s painting, when the paint is already there. Also the fingers are always in the same position during the closeups. However, it was a pretty cool painting. I want it.

Posted: 24 February 2007 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Yeah, reading through some of the comments it’s apparently just to advertise some toy company.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 24 February 2007 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

Yes, it’s fake.  The kid painted Leonardo, when he clearly pointed to Michaelangelo at the beginning.  Being a big fan of the original TMNT series when I was a kid, I can assure anyone that no child would get that wrong.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”