1 of 1
{/paginate}
Bachman/King & “running”...
Posted: 15 February 2007 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I recently picked up a volume of 4 books written by Bachman/King from the early days.  I enjoyed Rage & Running Man…but running man more…and I skipped the other two books. 

I also recently read “Running w/ Scissors” the Augusten Burroughs memoir thing.  It was okay.  It felt a little unbelievable, but I’m sure you couldn’t write a book that big w/ that many people & put fake things in it…but I wonder why now, this man’s book was put into movie form, and he was not committed to a hospital.  Also, the “pedophile” did not live in a shed…but in an apartment in another part of the city, and later upstairs.  Why would they point that out on the back of the book?  Also, the Christmas tree got one chapter & as far as I could tell, it was up through May, not “all year”.  The blurb on the back of the book was a little misleading, like these things were common…b/c they only played w/ the electro shock thing once.  I just thought the back of the book blurb thing was weird.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 15 February 2007 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Maegan - 15 February 2007 05:02 PM

I just thought the back of the book blurb thing was weird.

I find that they’re usually wrong.  Maybe they do that so you’ll be surprised when you read the book.  Or maybe the people who write them just never really bother to find out what the book’s about.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 15 February 2007 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

That’s a possibility (on both counts).

I just was always one to judge books by covers.  I worked in a library, after all…so I got to know those covers well.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 15 February 2007 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Woohoo, Maegan’s a cover girl!!!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 15 February 2007 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28
Accipiter - 15 February 2007 05:38 PM

Woohoo, Maegan’s a cover girl!!!

Wait until you get to page 3 Acci…  wink

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

{paginate}