1 of 3
Feces Cleanup Lands Teacher in Hot Water
Posted: 26 September 2005 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A substitute teacher been told not to come back to a Wichita school after she told misbehaving students to clean up the mess left when someone defecated in the back of a fourth-grade classroom.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050923/D8CQ7TCGC.html

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 26 September 2005 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

ewww….. glad no-one does that at my school…

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 26 September 2005 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2004-04-20

I agree with the school board that it wasn’t a good idea to make the students clean it up. But the mystery is, how did the feces get there?

Posted: 26 September 2005 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Hey, fecal matter happens. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 September 2005 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2005-04-05

I dunno, someone had to clean it up. Having a janitor or the like do it hardly teaches the kids that actions have consequences. I think the parents possibly need to look at what kind of little monsters they have raised if their children are defacating in the classroom.

Signature 

“Do you realise the sun doesnt go down, its just an illusion caused by the world spinning round”

Posted: 27 September 2005 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06
iamturd - 27 September 2005 05:26 AM

poop is the fecal matter of an enraged colon do you want sex? laughter? tv webcast? entertainment? then you are a fool! we have no video, you are stupid for shaving your hairy nuns! hey google the exact phrase “time flies when you’re shaving nuns see what comes up, it s fun. http://1920fairfax.com goatse is way cool sitcom

May I suggest to you to consult a psychiatrist, or otherwise stop smoking what you smoke?
You talk as incomprehensible gibberish as an alien on LSD….

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 September 2005 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

How old were these kids? If they were over, say, 14 I agree with what the Teacher did. O.K. there could be a health risk but why do parents of American school kids ALWAYS scream bloody murder when something like this happens? Another persons career has been ruined because some Arsehole parent can’t see what a little (excuse pun) shit their child is. Fair enough if it was an accident (Unlikely condsidering they were probably trying to wind up the supply teacher) but these days health & safety goes WAY too far. When i was a kid we never got ill becasue we were allowed to go roll about in mud and crap, hence our immune sytems got used to coping with bacteria and germs. These days kids get sick at the drop of a hat because we molly-coddle them too much. Make them eat the damn shit I say…...

*ahem, there that’s my monthly rant over with*

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 27 September 2005 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

4th graders are usually aobut 10.  I think that the teacher pointed out that there was a mess in the bathroom and when (surprise) some kids started making fun about it, she got upset and made them clean it up.

First, if someone did it on accident, they were probably embarrased by it, and didn’t want to tell the teacher it had happened.

Second, telling annoying kids to clean up poop is probably the stupidest punishment I’ve ever heard of.  She should have done something good, like hit them with a book, or make them eat glass. 

Third, she’s a damn subsitute.  It’s practically the law that kids are supposed to misbehave for a sub.  Duh.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 27 September 2005 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11
Maegan - 27 September 2005 01:06 PM

Third, she’s a damn subsitute.  It’s practically the law that kids are supposed to misbehave for a sub.  Duh.

Yay, someone who agrees with me!!!! smile

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2005 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
thunderstruck - 27 September 2005 04:39 PM

I must be getting old. I feel sorry for the teachers nowadays, as opposed to cheering on the kids.
smile

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 27 September 2005 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

yeah, but subs must expaect it, I mean, i’m sure they weren’t angelic and heavenly when they were young. Okay, defacating in a classroom is pretty bad, but so long as I don’t do that, and just talk instead of work, there’s nothing wrong, right? smile don’t worry be happy!

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2005 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Boo - 27 September 2005 04:43 PM
thunderstruck - 27 September 2005 04:39 PM

I must be getting old. I feel sorry for the teachers nowadays, as opposed to cheering on the kids.
smile

I didn’t mean that I encourage or like it, but every kid knows that when you’ve got a sub, you do all the things you can’t get away with when the teacher is present.  Teacher’s interns also apply here, and to have a sub and an intern in the class at teh same time?  It’s like the blood Sunday of elementary school.  (Not that I have EVER pushed a girl during a math test and then knocked over two desks trying to run from a pregnant intern and a cheerleader sub!)

I do feel badly for the teachers, they’re just trying to earn a living…

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 3