They are growing it shaped like straws, lol
Celery that sucks: Stalks torqued into edible straws
* Duda Farm Fresh Foods in Florida has engineered celery stalks with hollow centers.
* These “celery straws” can flavor Bloody Marys through sipping or hold a hidden cream cheese or peanut butter surprise.
* Watch for the edible swizzle sticks to start appearing at restaurants and hotels soon; marketing to the home chef might come further down the road.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
* An element of surprise and novelty makes eating and drinking even more festive.
* Fringe consumers who are wary of any sort of nature tinkering might balk at tweaked celery, but most imbibers will relish the chance to rev up their Bloody Mary or snack-time experience.