{/paginate}
Thursday the 22nd of September
Posted: 22 September 2005 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

‘Nothing Nicer Than A Wee Drop Of Whiskey In The Morning’ - Says 101 Year Old

Bridget McCormick has always been an early riser and she likes nothing more than a wee drop of whiskey in the morning and another in the early afternoon.  smile

http://www.donegaldemocrat.com/story/5622

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 22 September 2005 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

“I am going, I am going, any which way the winds may be blowing.
I am going, I am going, where streams of Whiskey are flowin’, Yarr!”

Thought i’d Pogue it up this afternoon.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 22 September 2005 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Bravo Mort..do ya’ know “The Wild Rover”?  smile

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-19

Most of it. That was the Dubliners I do believe. I love Irish folk music, it’s great to get lashed to.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-19

“And it’s No, Nay Never, No Nay Never no more. Will I play the Wild Rover, no never no more…”

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

oh yeah, great drinking music smile

perfect for hoisting a frosty mug (or room temp mug depending on your preference)

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Does philology truly recapitulate ontology?  Why would a woodchuck want to chuck any wood, regardless of how much it could chuck?  When you look at a clock from the back, the hands are moving counter-clockwise; does this mean that the clock is no longer a clock?  What can zombies get in place of life insurance?  Did I just lose my sanity, or did I simply have none to begin with?  Inquiring minds want to know. . .and while you’re pondering such ponderous ponderables, I’m going to go have lunch.  Adieu to all.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2005-04-05

Ive been a wild rover for many a year, and I spent all my money on whiskey and beer!

Signature 

“Do you realise the sun doesnt go down, its just an illusion caused by the world spinning round”

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2005-04-05

My fav trad type song as a kid was a Dubliners one my uncle used to sing at sessions. I can only remember the chorus sadly, as this mean when it is stuck in my head I sing this part on a loop..
“Oh Dublin youre my city
Im proud to call you mine
Divided by the Liffey, greasy slime, slime, slime.
No matter who I love or woo at home or overseas,
My heart will stay a Dubliner like me”
And again…
Wont be able to stop now

Signature 

“Do you realise the sun doesnt go down, its just an illusion caused by the world spinning round”

Posted: 22 September 2005 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-19

I’ll go back to Jamaica, and lie in the sun.
da-da-da de-de-de the Prodigal son!

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2005 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Hiyo….what’s been happening?  Anyone want second season spoilers for Lost?  tongue wink

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

{paginate}
4 of 44
{/paginate}