1 of 3
{/paginate}
Jay Z and Satanic Messages
Posted: 30 December 2006 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Apparently, playing one of Jay Z’s songs backwards reveals a satanic message!

Here’s a video of a preacher preaching about it:

http://www.trendpimp.com/media/740/Jay_Z_backmasking_his_songs_reviels_satanic_messages.html

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 30 December 2006 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

rolleyes

Some people have way to much time on their hands to listen to Jay Z backwards.  I’m not fond of listening to him forwards.

I also have to say that with the number of times I’ve listened to Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”, I’ve never felt the urge to go and get high on marijuana…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 30 December 2006 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16
Smerk - 30 December 2006 06:25 AM

I also have to say that with the number of times I’ve listened to Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”, I’ve never felt the urge to go and get high on marijuana…

I can say the same.

But I’m also of the mind that for subliminal or subconscious suggestion to work you have to have a natural inclination toward whatever the suggestion is.  I’ve never done drugs, I’ve never wanted to do drugs and I don’t plan on doing drugs in the future.  Therefore a “hidden” message trying to secretly tell me to get high wouldn’t be effective on me because it would be against my nature.

And, of course, I find the whole backward message thing stupid, too. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 30 December 2006 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

So today it is Jay-Z with the satanic messages, eh?

When I was in middle school my parents had enrolled me in a very strict Southern Baptist private school - all the fire and brimstone you could desire. We had daily chapel services where the pastor preached on the evils of rock and roll and the satanic backmasking contained therein. Back then he was still harping on Led Zepplin, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, and The Beatles, even though it was the early 80s. We had book and record burnings there too, it was pretty scary stuff.

Of course the only effect it had on me was to make me go out and buy all of the above mentioned artists to see what the big deal was all about.  tongue rolleye

Any psychological problems I may have I attribute to attending that school for two years, lol.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 30 December 2006 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2006-01-23

Yep. The Beatles were definitely satanists too.

Signature 

conteskimo.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 December 2006 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I was really small when Elvis Presley was shaking, but according to parents in THAT generation, he was REALLY evil!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 December 2006 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I agree with the belief that all this cannot make you do what you wouldn’t do normally

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 31 December 2006 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

All that unconscious stuff is stupid.  Even if a song had secret messages when played backwards, there is no way that the human brain would figure it out unconsciously and act on it, whether or not you have an inclination towards the act.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 31 December 2006 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, if you listen to Nirvana backwards it subliminally encourages listeners to mumble incoherently.  That is assuming that you can tell if you’re listening to it backwards instead of forwards. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 January 2007 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11

This is just soooooo old!
It originated with the Beatles’ song “I am the walrus”.
If you played it backwards you were supposed to hear the words “John has been dead for ages”.
Back in those times music was not digital, so playing songs backwards at normal speed was difficult.
So the myth lived on.

Later, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, AC/DC, Kiss, Marilyn Manson and almost every rock artist/band you care to mention have been accused of putting subliminal backwards messages in their texts.

This, however, is the first case I’ve heard of when the victim of the urban legend is not a _rock_ artist/band.

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posted: 11 January 2007 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

I always liked the defense Judas Priest’s attorneys used during a trial following the suicide attempt of two boys (one immediately successful, one belatedly successful).  Basically it boiled down the Band and especially the record label being in the business to make money.  Exterminating their audience was counterproductive to this aim.  If they’d wanted to put subliminal messages in their songs they’d be more along the lines of “Buy more records from us”.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 11 January 2007 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
eovti - 11 January 2007 08:02 PM

This, however, is the first case I’ve heard of when the victim of the urban legend is not a _rock_ artist/band.

Didn’t you know?  When you play Mozart’s Serenade in G Major backwards, it says, “Haydn is a hack”. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

{paginate}
1 of 3
{/paginate}