2 of 2
{/paginate}
Happy Feet
Posted: 10 December 2006 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Okay, I quite liked it but wouldnt go see it again. To be honest, I was more… “engrossed” in the couple next to me than the film, but the film was nice in a cutesy way! The kids in the cinema loved it.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 10 December 2006 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Boo - 10 December 2006 12:59 AM
MadCarlotta - 09 December 2006 11:43 PM

LOL Now I want to go make a line of visigoth plushies

Oh, I’d buy one!
grin

Absolutely and so would I!!! 

I have a lot of living dead-goth, pierced and chained plushed, etc.  I also have huge tarantulas, ravens, owls, a 2 6-foot dragons (one’s a puppet), bats (hangs from the ceiling skylight), Corpse Bride (she goes with my own bridal bouquet that I epoxied), a HUGE plush unicorn… stuff-plushies from the Holy Grail…these are just some.  This is a queen sized loft and it does get crowded…..

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 December 2006 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2006-01-23

i saw it with my baby sisters, and i hated it. im a republican, and i can honestly say that it was one of the most blatant, left-slanted, political statements i have ever seen. it portrays human progress as the thing that will destryo every living thing. “the humans waste everything in their path” says the fat emperor penguin (i cant remember his name). i believe in being humane to animals, but humna welfare comes first, and on that not, yes i believe that we should burn less oil. but i dont think that humans driving cars is directly causing global warming. in fact i dont think humans cause it at all.

Signature 

conteskimo.blogspot.com

Posted: 11 December 2006 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29
hulitoons - 11 December 2006 02:08 AM
Boo - 10 December 2006 12:59 AM
MadCarlotta - 09 December 2006 11:43 PM

LOL Now I want to go make a line of visigoth plushies

Oh, I’d buy one!
grin

Absolutely and so would I!!! 

I have a lot of living dead-goth, pierced and chained plushed, etc.  I also have huge tarantulas, ravens, owls, a 2 6-foot dragons (one’s a puppet), bats (hangs from the ceiling skylight), Corpse Bride (she goes with my own bridal bouquet that I epoxied), a HUGE plush unicorn… stuff-plushies from the Holy Grail…these are just some.  This is a queen sized loft and it does get crowded…..

Gosh.  I wish I had room to store a pair of 6 foot dragons! grin

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 11 December 2006 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11
ghettoeskimo - 11 December 2006 02:53 AM

i saw it with my baby sisters, and i hated it. im a republican, and i can honestly say that it was one of the most blatant, left-slanted, political statements i have ever seen. it portrays human progress as the thing that will destryo every living thing. “the humans waste everything in their path” says the fat emperor penguin (i cant remember his name). i believe in being humane to animals, but humna welfare comes first, and on that not, yes i believe that we should burn less oil. but i dont think that humans driving cars is directly causing global warming. in fact i dont think humans cause it at all.

hmm, well yeah there was a bit of a message, but for one thing I agree with it smile That we shouldnt farm food wherever, whenever if its gonna kill off other animal populations.. Plus, I thought the film was pretty cute anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2006 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
thunder - 11 December 2006 10:34 AM

hmm, well yeah there was a bit of a message, but for one thing I agree with it smile That we shouldnt farm food wherever, whenever if its gonna kill off other animal populations.. Plus, I thought the film was pretty cute anyway.

Thunder, I agree with you.  I really didn’t realize that the movie would have such a hefty moral or message.  Stories often go over the borders of reality in an effort to imprint understanding of the message.  Because I have a very keen interest in earth critters it was, for me, a glittering story. 

In the end, when there is a problem with the planet, it doesn’t matter who is to blame at that point, even if the problem is entirely natural.  What does matter is that the problem will eventually affect all of us, not just a small, select group so a solution, regardless, needs to be found.

Sometimes, like Mumble, it’s the humble who deliver a solution however odd the deliverance may be.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 11 December 2006 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
hulitoons - 11 December 2006 02:08 AM

I am so jealous now…
wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 December 2006 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
thunder - 10 December 2006 11:44 PM

Okay, I quite liked it but wouldnt go see it again. To be honest, I was more… “engrossed” in the couple next to me than the film, but the film was nice in a cutesy way! The kids in the cinema loved it.

Okay, so now i want to know what the couple next to you was up to, and why you were so engrossed in them….

As for films with “messages”......

Well, be they coming from the left or right, or whether or not I agree with said message; I really hate being preached at, especially by the media. It all depends on how it’s done though, and I haven’t seen Happy Feet, so I can’t comment on that film specifically. I mean, most films that have a grain of intelligence behind them are stating SOMETHING, but there’s a fine line between simply expressing a view to hopefully make others think, and manipulation/borderline propaganda (or in some cases simply just cramming said view down our throats)

I’m probably the only person in the world who hated the film Crash (Haggis, not Cronenburg). I found it to be preachy, contrived and maudlin. Maybe I just need to embrace my inner racist, but I didn’t think there was one living inside me in the first place wink

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 11 December 2006 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11
MadCarlotta - 11 December 2006 03:07 PM
thunder - 10 December 2006 11:44 PM

Okay, so now i want to know what the couple next to you was up to, and why you were so engrossed in them….

As for films with “messages”......

Well, be they coming from the left or right, or whether or not I agree with said message; I really hate being preached at, especially by the media. It all depends on how it’s done though, and I haven’t seen Happy Feet, so I can’t comment on that film specifically. I mean, most films that have a grain of intelligence behind them are stating SOMETHING, but there’s a fine line between simply expressing a view to hopefully make others think, and manipulation/borderline propaganda (or in some cases simply just cramming said view down our throats)

lol, well they were just a happy looking gay couple who couldnt take their hands off each other… I dont think they found the film all that interesting wink

Well, nearish the end it was pretty preachy, but not in an in-your-face way. Kinda hard to describe without spoiling it for those who havent seen it. so I wont try!

Signature 

Posted: 12 December 2006 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

i saw it with my baby sisters, and i hated it. im a republican, and i can honestly say that it was one of the most blatant, left-slanted, political statements i have ever seen.

You’re not the only looney person to think so…

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/21/happy-feet-inconvenient-truth/

The Guardian has gone further and exposed the dangerous political subversion at the heart of many a ‘family’ film!

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,,1970228,00.html

Posted: 12 December 2006 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

My goodness….I wonder if any of these folks saw Winged Migration? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6237084665761753195&q=winged+migration+video

I actually STORMED out of the theater and left my husband sitting in his seat. We were in one of the more front rows and the rest of the theater was filled with intellectuals, I’m sure scientists, researchers and apparently upper echelon society.

I, in fact, not only rose and left the theater, but I did so rather loudly. I recall saying “I WILL NOT SIT HERE AND WATCH THIS BULL——-!”

This story featured the most exquisite film footage I have ever seen about migratory birds and the (I believe French filmers) used wind-surfing kites and gear to film so that they were quietly on the same level as the birds as they flew. It was incredible…

——————-until they overwhelmed us then with scene after scene of not only pollution but great gun-overhunting dropping bird after bird after bird from the sky (after we had been following their intimate journeys). They also showed the plastic beverage holders on the necks of birds and I know MANY birds die of these things believe it or not.

It became overly and graphically gratuitous. We got the message in short time and didn’t need it repeatedly hammered in.

Signature 

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}