2 of 2
What is it?
Posted: 07 December 2006 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Heh, we’ve got a show about collecting on (funnily enough called “Collectors”), and each week they have a mystery item.  Last weeks was the ballot box!  It’s fun trying to figure out what some of this stuff is, and what it may be used for.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 07 December 2006 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-12-05

Sorry, I Just Got here and skipped the other posts. downer

Signature 

I Used To Think I Was Crazy, But The Voices In My Head Convinced Me Otherwise.         

big surprise

Posted: 07 December 2006 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

There’s a new set posted up. There are two of them that I may be able to figure out (#844 & 845) because I KNOW my grandfather had both of those things in his garage. Problem is, he’s dead, so I’m going to have to either call my father or my 95 year old grandmother and hope they know wtf I’m talking about (highly unlikely, lol)

I have to say that all of these items are extremely cool and if I came across them in a junk shop, I’d definately buy them.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 07 December 2006 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

I think I know at least 3 of the new ones, but will keep it to myself as to not ruin it for others.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 07 December 2006 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

I know three of them, and should know the fourth but I’m blanking here.  The fifth is obvious what it does, but what specific purpose it was intended for eludes me (the puncher).

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 07 December 2006 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Generally, I think clever wrong answers are better than the real answers.

Of course there’s the one-size-fits all answer:  you put your WEED in there.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 07 December 2006 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
JoeDaJuggler - 06 December 2006 11:15 PM

I’ve got a Twilight Zone DVD—and among the “extras” was a clip from a game show that Rod Serling hosted.  I disremember the name of it, but it was just like this—a celebrity panel was given some thing (usually bits of machines or obscure tools) and had to come up with an explanation for it.  One was secretly given the right answer, and the others were trying to trick the contestant.

This Old House has a similar segment.

Joe, I don’t think it was the same show (because I don’t think Rod Serling hosted it), but there was a game show in the 70’s called Liar’s Club that had the same premise. It was my favorite show when I was little.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

2 of 2