{paginate}
5 of 10
{/paginate}
VIDEO - What The Anti-NWO Movement NEED TO UNDERSTAND!
Posted: 12 December 2006 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2006-11-25

It is wrong, however, to think that simply by becoming a vegetarian one can avoid transgressing the laws of nature. Vegetables also have life, and while it is nature’s law that one living being is meant to feed on another, for human beings the point is to recognize the Supreme Lord. Thus one should not be proud of being a strict vegetarian. Animals do not have developed consciousness by which to recognize the Lord, but a human being is sufficiently intelligent to take lessons from the Vedic literature and thereby know how the laws of nature are working and derive profit out of such knowledge. If a man neglects the instructions of the Vedic literature, his life becomes very risky. A human being is therefore required to recognize the authority of the Supreme Lord and become His devotee. He must offer everything for the Lord’s service and partake only of the remnants of food offered to the Lord. This will enable him to discharge his duty properly. In the Bhagavad-gita (9.26) the Lord directly states that He accepts vegetarian food from the hands of a pure devotee. Therefore a human being should not only become a strict vegetarian but should also become a devotee of the Lord, offer the Lord all his food and then partake of such prasadam, or the mercy of God. Only those who act in this way can properly discharge the duties of human life. Those who do not offer their food to the Lord eat nothing but sin and subject themselves to various types of distress, which are the results of sin (Bg. 3.13).
  The root of sin is deliberate disobedience of the laws of nature through disregarding the proprietorship of the Lord. Disobeying the laws of nature or the order of the Lord brings ruin to a human being. Conversely, one who is sober, who knows the laws of nature, and who is not influenced by unnecessary attachment or aversion is sure to be recognized by the Lord and thus become eligible to go back to Godhead, back to the eternal home.

Posted: 12 December 2006 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

I’m not eating sin, I’m eating chocolate.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 13 December 2006 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29
Madmouse - 13 December 2006 12:59 AM

I’m not eating sin, I’m eating chocolate.

LOL  You sure eating chocolate’s not a sin?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 13 December 2006 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
Smerk - 13 December 2006 10:36 AM

That depends entirely on who you are eating it off!

Posted: 13 December 2006 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
LaMa - 05 December 2006 06:25 PM

btw, if you (Mukundu Dasa) do some research you’ll find that many populations on this world cannot stand lactose (milk). The whole native population of New Guinea for example. Feed them milk and milk products and they’ll get sick and eventually die of gastroid problems. Which only goes to show that milk and milk products certainly are not a natural food source for humans, unlike you are arguing.

Funny you mention this, I was going to post an article on this very subject yesterday but became preoccupied. I’m glad I read this thread before I started a new post.

Here’s a link to the article

Throughout most of human history, the ability to digest lactose, the principal sugar of milk, has been switched off after weaning because there is no further need for the lactase enzyme that breaks the sugar apart. But when cattle were first domesticated 9,000 years ago and people later started to consume their milk as well as their meat, natural selection would have favored anyone with a mutation that kept the lactase gene switched on.

The principal mutation, found among Nilo-Saharan-speaking ethnic groups of Kenya and Tanzania, arose 2,700 to 6,800 years ago, according to genetic estimates, Dr. Tishkoff

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 13 December 2006 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

MadCarlotta beat me to it (no fair, I had to work). But here’s Scientific American’s take on the same subject.

African Adaptation to Digesting Milk Is “Strongest Signal of Selection Ever”
East African cattle herding communities rapidly and independently evolved ability to digest lactose

For many adults in the world, the phrase “got milk?” is quickly followed by “got a nearby toilet?” Lactose, the primary sugar in milk, is a universal favorite in infancy but into adulthood the level of lactase-phlorizin hydrolase, the enzyme that metabolizes lactose in the small intestine, decreases and digestion of dairy products becomes difficult. In some populations, however, such as those located in northern Europe, the ability to digest milk remains most likely as a result of lifestyles based around cattle domestication. In 2002 Finnish scientists localized the genetic mutation that conferred this trait in northern Europeans to two regions on chromosome 2. 

[More]

Posted: 13 December 2006 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02
David B. - 13 December 2006 06:17 PM

MadCarlotta beat me to it (no fair, I had to work)

Well, that’s what you get for having a life!

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 13 December 2006 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Shoot, I beat BOTH of you to it on page 1 of this thread:  “1.  Many humans unable physically to consume or digest dairy products of any kind.  There are many as well who cannot digest nuts or legumes. “

See?  Nobody listens to me!

I’m gonna go eat worms…...........  Guess that’s forbidden too huh?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 13 December 2006 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02
hulitoons - 13 December 2006 09:28 PM

Shoot, I beat BOTH of you to it on page 1 of this thread:  “1.  Many humans unable physically to consume or digest dairy products of any kind.  There are many as well who cannot digest nuts or legumes. “

See?  Nobody listens to me!

hrm, that’s what I get for being a skimmer as opposed to a careful reader red face

I’m gonna go eat worms…...........  Guess that’s forbidden too huh?

You can probably eat gummi worms, or do those have gelatin in them? wink

Signature 

Posted: 13 December 2006 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
David B. - 13 December 2006 11:20 AM
Smerk - 13 December 2006 10:36 AM

That depends entirely on who you are eating it off!

cheese

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 21 December 2006 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Mukunda dasa - 13 December 2006 12:57 AM

It is wrong, however, to think that simply by becoming a vegetarian one can avoid transgressing the laws of nature.

By becoming a vegetarian you ARE transgressing the laws of nature.

I’m a carnivore, I don’t eat vegatables except perhaps potatoes occasionally.
As a result one living thing might lose it’s life in order to feed me for a week or more
depending upon what it is.
The average vegetarian callously takes the life of many living things every day in order to feed themselves
Plants are living things too, just because they don’t have what we might recognise as a brain
doesn’t mean they don’t have as much right to life as any other living thing on the planet.

If, at the final trump, god judges mankind according to how many other things they have killed to survive (a silly idea because supposed he designed us this way) I would willing stand next to any vegetarian and compare notes.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!