Posted: 19 September 2005 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
Mort - 19 September 2005 08:52 AM
thunderstruck - 18 September 2005 03:55 PM
Sir Stephen - 16 September 2005 03:39 PM

I’ll be like, 44…..why would you want to live on the moon???? It would only be fun for a couple days…....then you will realize that everything is black, white, and gray…......that would suck…

I would redecorate! If I lived on the moon, people wouldn’t see the boring, white moon you see today, you’d see green and blue and red and orange. but no pink. bleugh.

I suppose the take-out and taxi rates would be a bit steep though… tongue laugh

WHy would anyone want to live on the moon? No sea, no sun, no beaches, no outdoor sports, no wind (technically). It’s just a lump of dead rock, come-on we might as well enjoy the Earth before that killer cloud reaches us!

There is sun sometimes! Anyway by the time I would get to live there other people would be there too, so theres people to hang out with. I’m not bothered about outdoor sports, and I don’t like wind ‘cos it messes up my hair (I know I know, typical girl). The view would make up for the lack of beaches and sea, and I could do the very very long jump. Amazing. smile smiles.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 19 September 2005 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
Smerk - 19 September 2005 06:37 AM

Hmm…my understanding of the article is that they’re talking about putting more astronauts on the moon…not us common plebs.  Guess we’ll have to wait a little more than 12 years before we’ll get to even visit the moon, let alone live on it!

Yeah I know, but it’s an interesting thought. If by the year 3000 the moon is going to be an amusenent park like futurama says it is, you’ve gotta start somewhere. I wanna work for the planet express ship. grins.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 19 September 2005 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Establishing a lunar base would be a big step forward in exploring the rest of the solar system and beyond.  With only something like 1/6 of the Earth’s gravitational pull, we could launch probes and ships and whatnot from the Moon for a lot less cost than doing so from Earth.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 September 2005 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2005-04-22
Maegan - 18 September 2005 01:56 PM

With that money, more than 1,000 new homes for people who just lost everything.

one hundred thousand million dollars.
100,000 new million dollar homes.

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}