Aurora Encounter
Posted: 03 August 2005 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

I actually lived near the cemetary (15 miles) where it is supposed to be buried in Aurora, TX. There is even a Texas placed historical landmark sign at the cemetary. I have visited it a few times…

The year was 1897, and this was the year of the “great airships” reports in the United States. As the story goes, it was on April 19, 1897, that a slow moving space ship crashed into a windmill, bursting into pieces. As the debris was searched through, supposedly the body of a small alien was discovered. Originally the alien pilot was dubbed the “Martian pilot.” Some of the debris also revealed material sketched with a type of hieroglyphic. The town folk gave the poor little creature a proper burial in the local cemetery. This incident, whether true or not, has had just enough publicity to stay afloat for over 100 years.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Aurora.html

Image Attachments
auroramap.jpgauroramarker.jpg

Posted: 03 August 2005 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Well, I guess people had been afraid of Martians since the late 1600s…so it’s possible people belived that, but I don’t believe that aliens from outer space crash landed here.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 03 August 2005 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

Just to let you all know…...There is a spot up front that would be perfect to be buried at, but there are no graves or anything….and at that spot, I turned over an out of place rock that was carved underneath….It said “Man from the moon”........Im not kidding either….

Posted: 03 August 2005 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

So?  If someone else thought an alien was burried there, they might have left the rock.  A Martian’s/moonman’s native language probably isn’t english.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 03 August 2005 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

Hey, Im just saying what I found….....as far as I know, a little kid did it…....

Posted: 04 August 2005 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

Well, I’m not about to say “E.T.‘s” don’t exist, but I don’t believe they’ve ever visited Earth; because if any civilization were to undergo the immense effort necessary to reach another solar system, much less the nearest one with life, I’m sure they wouldn’t just snap a few photographs and leave; they’d make themselves known.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 04 August 2005 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Maybe they’re waiting until we have warp capabilities.  wink

We’ll start getting visits from the Vulcans.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 09 August 2005 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

Sorry, but I deleted the entire Star Trek conversation…Nothing personal, just got why off topic.