1 of 2
‘Aliens could attack at any time’ warns former MoD chief
Posted: 10 November 2006 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

UFO sightings and alien visitors tend to be solely the reserve of sci-fi movies.

So when a former MoD chief warns that the country could be attacked by extraterrestrials at any time, you may be forgiven for feeling a little alarmed.

During his time as head of the Ministry of Defence UFO project, Nick Pope was persuaded into believing that other lifeforms may visit Earth and, more specifically, Britain.

His concern is that “highly credible” sightings are simply dismissed.

And he complains that the project he once ran is now “virtually closed” down, leaving the country “wide open” to aliens.

Mr Pope decided to speak out about his worries after resigning from his post at the Directorate of Defence Security at the MoD this week.

“The consequences of getting this one wrong could be huge,” he said.

Full story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=415514&in_page_id=1770

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 10 November 2006 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

We in ESTRUS have long since anticipated the extraterrestrial attack, being evil and in league with the alien dominatroids.

We have agreed with them to deliver 99.9% of the World’s population into their hands as slave labour for their slurgk mines in return for alien mind control technology and our pick of the ‘pretty ones’ (dominatroids aren’t interested in that sort of thing).

Unfortunately, our plans have been put on hold for the moment, as the current level of CO2 in the atmosphere is too high for the dominatroids to operate comfortably. Hopefully the wild hysteria we at ESTRUS are currently whipping up over ‘global warming’ (ha ha!) will solve that problem in the near future.

And of course the aliens are visiting Britain; ESTRUS has its HQ here, in a secret sub-level below the Royal Society.

Posted: 10 November 2006 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Dominatroids, what do you mean dominatroids?
Are they the funny looking grey aliens with the big eyes and the tapering heads?
There are so many different type out there that I lose track.
Personally I’ve been helping the Atalanchians but all they want is
the world’s salt deposits, they couldn’t care less about taking the world itself, too much
H2O

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 10 November 2006 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Tall, yellowy-purple, squidlike? You must have met them!

They’re the ones with a bio-engineered ‘pencil-pocket’ on their right sides where they keep their writing implements. Boy, has that ever led to some misunderstandings!

(“But g’Lhu’nob! He asked if he could borrow a pencil, so I pushed one up his clf’gam where he won’t lose it!”)

I tell you, Gareth could barely sit down for a week, and he kept drawing doodles on all the upholstery!

Posted: 10 November 2006 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Yep, well, it is true you know…............and HERE I COME!!!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 November 2006 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Actually, it does sort of make sense.  We have absolutely no way of telling whether or not there are other planets with life out there.  So for all we know, there could potentially be a million races of advanced lifeforms zipping around in their hyperdrive ships or whatever.  It is possible that alien landing craft will be showing up next Tuesday.  We really don’t know enough about what’s going on in the far reaches of space to make any sort of predictions or probabilities on that sort of thing.

Various militaries did come up with some rather spiffy things to deal with any alien battlecruisers that might show up, though.  I think that my favourite were the nuclear-bomb powered lasers.  Either we’d zap the aliens out of existence, or we’d end up irradiating the entire planet so as to make it useless to then and they’d stop trying to invade!  Yay for our side!

Apparently our current best plan is to throw Will Smith at them, it looks like.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 November 2006 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Maybe something for the next president. This one was chasing non existing weapons of mass destruction, so it makes sense that the next one will chase little green men.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 11 November 2006 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
Accipiter - 11 November 2006 04:23 AM

Apparently our current best plan is to throw Will Smith at them, it looks like.

I don’t know about the aliens, but that prospect scares the s*** out of me!

Posted: 11 November 2006 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Neh.. Any species capable of interstellar travel will be able to kick our butts six ways until sunday, no matter what plans we make. Just dropping rocks from orbit will do more damage than earth’s entire nuclear stockpile ever could hope to acheive.

Nothing to worry about, because we can’t do anything about it even if it does happen.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 12 November 2006 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 12 November 2006 03:19 AM

Neh.. Any species capable of interstellar travel will be able to kick our butts six ways until sunday, no matter what plans we make. Just dropping rocks from orbit will do more damage than earth’s entire nuclear stockpile ever could hope to acheive.

Nothing to worry about, because we can’t do anything about it even if it does happen.

Eh, that’s actually not so certain.  Having developed on a totally different world and being completely alien, they may have developed their technology along different lines.  It’s entirely possible that they’ll have figured out how to travel from their planet to ours, yet still be at the level of afterwards running out from their ships and trying to bludgeon us to death with heavy sticks.

Really, we can’t predict anything about what aliens might think or do or have.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 12 November 2006 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I always think about that old movie “The Day The Earth Stood Still”...when I see stuff like this.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 12 November 2006 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
Maegan - 12 November 2006 08:24 PM

I always think about that old movie “The Day The Earth Stood Still”...when I see stuff like this.

Me, too!  What a great movie that was, and possibly even prophetic.

Ever read ‘Childhood’s End’ by Arthur C. Clarke?  His aliens used a giant pair of polarized lenses high in orbit to control troublesome governments.  They merely blotted out the sun over the contry in question, and really quick, the offending government changed its tune.

No one injured, no damage to anything, but pretty darned effective.

I disagree with Assi’s contention that perhaps an alien race my develop the technology to travel here efficiently, but not weapons.  Surely, even if totally committed to peaceful co-existence, they would have the means to protect themselves.  And if they are warllike, we would have nothing capable of defending ourselves against them, any more than Australian aborigines could mount a defense against tanks, artillery, and warplanes (if the commanders of those weapons were totally committed to annihilation).

Dan the highly-trained military strategist

1 of 2