Mountain Dew & Urine, Not A Good Combination
Posted: 15 September 2005 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

Via AP

Company Says Clerk Urinated Into Soda

DELTONA, Fla. - A convenience store worker has admitted urinating into a soda bottle, causing a customer who drank from it to become violently ill, his bosses say.

Publix Super Markets spokesman Dwaine Stevens said the accused employee, who works at a Pix Convenience Store in Deltona, was suspended after the company learned of the incident this week. An internal investigation is being completed.

Lab tests done by Publix on the contaminated Mountain Dew confirmed the soda contained urine, Stevens said. The supermarket giant owns the Pix chain.

“It is an isolated incident done by one of our associates,” Stevens said. “Whatever measure is necessary, it will be executed and the employee will be dealt with.”

Publix has not filed a criminal complaint but the option has not been ruled out, Stevens said.

The victim, a foreman with a Daytona Beach construction company, became suspicious of the drink after he chugged the beverage last week, his attorney, Daniel Newlin, said

“He vomited three or four times afterward,” said Newlin, who did not release his client’s name in order to protect the man’s privacy.

Newlin said that upon the advice of an infectious-disease doctor, the victim was being tested for diseases such as gonorrhea and hepatitis C.

“We’re hopeful that the person who did this wasn’t carrying any sexual, or otherwise, virus that could cause him harm,” Newlin said. “Unfortunately, the doctors were very concerned.”

Hard to tell from the story but it seems the guy drank the entire bottle and then became suspicious…I know Mountain Dew is nasty but is it really that nasty that you wouldnt immediately realize something wasnt quite right? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Mountain Dew.

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 15 September 2005 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2005-06-15

eew…reminds me of disgruntled workers peeing in coffee pots.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/piss.asp

Signature 

“This is the last time you’ll whack your Willy in school again!”

Posted: 16 September 2005 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

A decade back or so some guy at Hungry Jack’s (our version on Burger King) actually jizzed in the mayo. You hear horror stories about things like that but when you find out it’s true in at least one instance, you get a tad worried.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 16 September 2005 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
Nettie - 16 September 2005 11:17 AM

...jizzed in the mayo. ..

For some reason, that phrase made me laugh so much...
LOL

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 18 September 2005 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Ugh…I heard about this, right after it happened.  I mean, I notice right away when the syrup to soda ratio isn’t right in my soda..so why didn’t this guy notice the flavor?  Or the fact that his bottle’s little ring was broken from the cap??

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 19 September 2005 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in flavour Maeg, especially if the donor had been drinking plenty of water!

Nettie: Brings a not-so-new meaning to the term Man Mayo…..

*Hangs head in shame for the umpeenth time in MOH*

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”