How to make a beauty
Posted: 16 October 2006 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

A video graphically portraying unnatural beauty

How to make a beauty

btw, is it just me? But I found her more atttractive “before” than “after”...

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 16 October 2006 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I liked the point it was trying to make.  The fashion industry has distored our image.  It is also interesting that the most famous image of beauty is Marilyn Monroe who was much heavier that say…. Kate Moss (who is not pretty at all).  But if you see some of the early pics of Monroe, you can tell she had plastic surgery.  Dig up the old playboy pics and others and notice her nose.  that’s the biggest difference.  I like the fact that Dove is trying to be more accepting of the variety we all come in.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

How to make a beauty*:
1.  Ingest alcohol.
2.  Examine appearance of subject.  If not yet up to your standards, repeat step 1.

*It is strongly recommended that, before proceding with this process, you first verify that the subject is within your parameters for hygiene, gender, species, etc.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Really, though, I find it rather depressing how it seems like so many girls are all trying to force themselves into one narrow idea of “beauty”.  Even if it is good looking, it gets dull when every other girl looks about the same.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 October 2006 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Accipiter - 17 October 2006 04:45 AM

Really, though, I find it rather depressing how it seems like so many girls are all trying to force themselves into one narrow idea of “beauty”.  Even if it is good looking, it gets dull when every other girl looks about the same.

I so absolutely agree with this!!!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 17 October 2006 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Really, though, I find it rather depressing how it seems like so many girls are all trying to force themselves into one narrow idea of “beauty”. Even if it is good looking, it gets dull when every other girl looks about the same.

I think it takes guys setting the ideals verbally that will save girls/women from that tiny, inflexible window.

I think it takes girls doing the same for the guys. There are more males now falling into dangerous traps being set by unrealistic stages as well. SO, let me say this firmly and with grand truth….guys are beautiful in ALL their many sizes and it’s the variety that makes them delectable

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 October 2006 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Yay, I’m delectable!  grin

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

Doesn’t delectable mean tasty?

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29
hulitoons - 17 October 2006 12:23 PM

Really, though, I find it rather depressing how it seems like so many girls are all trying to force themselves into one narrow idea of “beauty”. Even if it is good looking, it gets dull when every other girl looks about the same.

I think it takes guys setting the ideals verbally that will save girls/women from that tiny, inflexible window.

I think it takes girls doing the same for the guys. There are more males now falling into dangerous traps being set by unrealistic stages as well. SO, let me say this firmly and with grand truth….guys are beautiful in ALL their many sizes and it’s the variety that makes them delectable

So you are saying I should not have gotten the butt implants?

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 17 October 2006 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Yeah. Guys are worrying more I think.

Thing is, my generation of people are too late to be affected too much by this, I think we (myself included) are too worried about looks, weight, hair and makeup to be weaned off. For instance, I went out on Saturday shopping and for the actual first time in 2 years went without makeup just to see if I did depend on it too much (It was an out of town shopping place). I saw my closest friend when i was out (was with the parents) and ddint dare go say hello because I was too paranoid about how bad I looked, and it’s the same story with most people I know (I’m pretty sure). This campaign is good because I think it’s concentrating more on the younger generation, but it needs to be focused on guys aswell as girls or else in a few years the roles will simply be reversed: men worring about looks and women less so. This isnt right either. But personally I dont think there’s much point even trying to change opinions of teens aged 14/15 up, I dont think they’ll stop being vain, or change who theyre role models are.

Oh, and I do think the girl is prettier after the photoshop, mean as i feel to say it.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 17 October 2006 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Oh, from the campaignforrealbeauty (uk version) website, heres a quiz you might wanna try to see how self confident you are, I got as i expected lol

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.co.uk/dsef/temp2.asp?id=5820

(thought this was appropriate as it was a dove campaign vid, sorry if its not)

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 17 October 2006 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-07-08

I personally think she looks rather scary in the after.

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}

‹‹ New Nessie Video      Kiwi! ››