5 of 41
September 14, Wednesday
Posted: 14 September 2005 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

No…but I should have.

Sometimes when callers go through the automated phone thing when they first call in…they hit a incorrect button, and accidentally go to the claims office, instead of claims reporting first.  Sometimes, they hit all the RIGHT buttons, and end up at the claims office b/c the computer sees they have a claim and need to talk to the claims office…even if the person is not aware a claim has been filed!!!

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 September 2005 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

SOoo…If the customer says they need to file a claim, then w/o checking why they call was routed to the claims office, the adjuster just sends them my way.  If I find that a claim has been filed, I just send them right back.  Sucks for the customer…so I always make the claims rep check…and they act like it’s not somehow their job to assist with this.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 September 2005 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

yuck, i hate those damn phone tree thingies….one of the places I have to call frequently has one that incorporates voice prompts but it seems to have a hell of a time understanding what I am saying…..of course the place is in New York so maybe I should try talking like a New Yorker next time…yo vinnie, fuggetaboutit

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 14 September 2005 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

That would explain the so called “Run A Round” that we get…..So..it’s really all just an accident, huh…

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

i must be lucky or something..all my interactions with insurance companies have been relatively hassle free…some moron smashed my truck last year so i did all the research and came up with a figure I found acceptable then waited for the insurance companies offer…when it came in i was surprised as hell when the offer beat my expectations by over a thousand dollars.

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Yep. It’s not some corporate ploy to steal money…after all, the longer you are on the phone, the more clogged it becomes..forcing us to pay more employees to handle the call volume.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08
Chuck - 14 September 2005 02:03 PM

i must be lucky or something..all my interactions with insurance companies have been relatively hassle free…some moron smashed my truck last year so i did all the research and came up with a figure I found acceptable then waited for the insurance companies offer…when it came in i was surprised as hell when the offer beat my expectations by over a thousand dollars.

Insurance has really changed in the last few years.  Customer experience surveys are playing a huge role in how we handle things.  We actually have about 5 pilot programs in place to see how further helping the insured (on OUR DIME) will work out.  If paying the extra will help retain customers…or create new ones…etc.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

One thing I did find out about another insurance company - STATE FARM - is that they’re considering not covering most of the hurricane claims from Katrina b/c the flood in N.O. is not a natural or “of god” act.  The flood was caused by the levee problems…Our company on the other hand is going to do the right thing in this situation, b/c we have the money to cover it.  I mean, with a cool 10 billion in profit last year, it’s not something that we’re worried about.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

It’s odd how some of businesses now a days discover they will actually make more money and retain more customers by improving business ethics…..who would’a thought…

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09
Maegan - 14 September 2005 02:07 PM

One thing I did find out about another insurance company - STATE FARM - is that they’re considering not covering most of the hurricane claims from Katrina b/c the flood in N.O. is not a natural or “of god” act.  The flood was caused by the levee problems…Our company on the other hand is going to do the right thing in this situation, b/c we have the money to cover it.  I mean, with a cool 10 billion in profit last year, it’s not something that we’re worried about.

I have’nt even seen that on the news yet…...Don’t they realize that will crush their business????

Posted: 14 September 2005 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-09

It appears they are stating that it is the city’s fualt…..so the city has to pay…..then the city will say it was the federal governments fault and so on…...Next thing you know, some poor tribe elder in a third world country will recieve the bill…..

5 of 41