Comment on Bob Dylan’s New CD
Posted: 07 September 2006 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, I am blazing a trail here, but the CD does come with an optional DVD (for an extra $ 3.00).

Anyway, Bob Dylan’s new CD,  ‘Modern Times’ is great, absolutely great.  Good solid bluesy music, and Dylan singing as he always does.

By the way, on Netflix you can rent a Martin Scorcese documentary ‘No Way Back’ a two-DVD affair, about 3 hours long, all about Bob Dylan, his formative years, his music, his appearances with others, with lots of stuff by Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Peter of Peter Paul and Mary (a poseur group if there ever was, in my opinion), and interviews with Mr. Dylan taken about ten or fifteen years ago.  The entire three hours were absolutely fascinating!

Dan the Bob Dylan fan

Posted: 07 September 2006 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

I do love Bob Dylan, but new Bob Dylan music honestly seems a little strange.  I mean, I haven’t heard it, but just the fact that there is new Bob Dylan music.  I don’t know.  Also, the Who’s coming out with a new album too.  I hope it’s good.  I’ll definitely have to take a listen to the new dylan one though.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 11 September 2006 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I wonder if his singing has improved any. . .

*hides from the wrath of the Dylan fans*

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 September 2006 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

I always liked Dylan’s songs better when they were being sung by other people.  There were a couple that fit his er… style, but most were pretty bad when performed by him.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 11 September 2006 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Nah, I agree Accipiter.  I mean, I love Bob Dylan and all, but the guy really can’t sing.  It’s too bad he doesn’t have a better voice, because his songs are so beautiful.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse