{/paginate}
Nuclear War Set For 09/12/06….crap, 14 days before my b-day
Posted: 20 August 2008 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 859 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

One would think.

Everything said is filler now, but really, nothing had gone off topic in retrospect.

One person makes a post here after a few months, then it dies down again.

Wash, Rinse and Repeat.
Life is like a shampoo bottle, it never tells you when to stop.

I think I may have to quote myself…

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2008 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 860 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Nameless - 20 August 2008 05:35 AM

You would think that this thread would have died by now… raspberry

It must have cockroach DNA in it, to have survived all the radioactive fallout.

DJ_Canada - 20 August 2008 06:44 AM

One would think.

Everything said is filler now, but really, nothing had gone off topic in retrospect.

One person makes a post here after a few months, then it dies down again.

That’s ‘cause it’s so much fun to ridicule. . .plus it’s just so hard to believe that there are still fervent believers in this prophecy.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 12 September 2008 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 861 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Congratulations to everyone who has survived two years of nuclear annihilation!

Heh. . .from what I can see, for some strange reason Hawkins seems to have dropped any mention of a specific date for the nuclear wars, just saying that “they’re coming!”.  Although he still has plenty of places where he hasn’t changed his original webpages, so they’re still going on about 2006.  Oh, and you can still buy (ahem, I mean “receive as a gift”) the book by paying (sorry, I mean “donating”) $25.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 September 2008 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 862 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Top 10 Failed Apocalyptic Predictions

smile

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 December 2008 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 863 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Here’s a lot more than 10:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 20 January 2009 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 864 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

Just because I do miss September12 so much and wish he would come back -

House of Yahweh leader Yisrayl Hawkins has penned a four-page newsletter sent to thousands of residents in Taylor, Callahan and Jones counties, claiming the news media has wrongly portrayed the group.

While Hawkins declined to return calls Friday, House of Yahweh adviser John Young said the newsletter is an effort to give a more accurate insight into the religious sect than that provided by the media.

An attorney, Young said the newsletter isn

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 January 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 865 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Perhaps we should all start e-mailing every address associated with the HoY, trying to get Mr. September12th to rejoin us here.  Or even one of his cohorts.

Signature 

Posted: 21 January 2009 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 866 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-20
Accipiter - 20 January 2009 08:44 PM

Perhaps we should all start e-mailing every address associated with the HoY, trying to get Mr. September12th to rejoin us here.  Or even one of his cohorts.

I had a little bit of back and forth with whoever answered their “webmaster” mail.  It wasn’t our guy (Kepher?)

Is Buffalo Bill Hawkins still in the hoosegow?  (One of my favorite words!  It’s the anglicized version of the Spanish word “juzgado” meaning “judged” as in “convicted”.)

Signature 

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 21 January 2009 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 867 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-20

So you got me looking at the HoY website again.  I was struck by something—two different mentions of “60 years ago” that I ran into today.

One was from Hawkins’ very strange version of the past:

Buffalo Bill Hawkins - 24 July 2014 06:00 PM

Sixty years back, the United States of America seemed to be following some of the Holy Scriptures. America was blessed and actually seemed like a safe, righteous environment to raise a family. Most families had bibles and most of them actually practiced what they saw written there. Families, for the most part, were safe. The husband or father protected them. In some cases, even when the husband was sick, neighbors would take care of his fields, livestock, and even his family. At that time period, neighbors all around the area could depend on these things.
  The schools also were strict toward certain forms of Righteousness in their students. Generally students respected their teachers and adults. I hope one day to see that done the right way.

And then there was this mention of the realities of 60 years ago:

President Obama - 24 July 2014 06:00 PM

This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed—why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent Mall, and why a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath.

Poor Hawkins!  How he longs for the good old days when black people weren’t so uppity—excuse me—“elite”.

Signature 

{paginate}
79 of 79
{/paginate}