{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Old People Are So CUTE!
Posted: 26 August 2006 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2006-08-25T140921Z_01_N24450510_RTRUKOC_0_US-ARIZONA-SENIORS.xml&archived=False

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Arizona seniors had no idea what the flourishing plant they nurtured in their driveway was until a passing deputy told them it was marijuana.

A Yavapai County sheriff’s department said a deputy spotted the blooming 5-foot-tall marijuana plant growing in the driveway of a retirement community near Prescott, midweek.

“The residents just thought it was a pretty weed and so they decided to nurture it,” department spokeswoman Susan Quayle told Reuters by telephone.

The officer yanked out the plant, which Quayle said was either “self-seeded or could have been dropped by a grandchild visiting the community.”

“No citations were issued. The officer just educated them,” she said.

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 26 August 2006 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2006-07-31

that is cute. until we find out the old people were really token up and dealing to the neighbor kids, lol. they better hope the cops dont find their “pretty”{ crack plant in the back yard. (note: yes i do realize that crack is not grown on plants)

Signature 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste very good with ketchup.

Do not enter a battle of wits unarmed.

NEVER play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Posted: 26 August 2006 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

It’s just a very pretty plant for crying out loud.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 August 2006 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Uhhh….just how clueless were these people?  Could they be growing some for health reasons and just faked ignorance?

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 26 August 2006 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

ex associate.  Obviously you’ve never been to scottsdale in phoenix.  It’s honestly not surprising.

Basically it’s an entire community of rich old people from the east coast that can afford a second home for the winter.  We call them snowbirds.  My grandparents rent a home there every winter, so I know the area well.  Trust me.  Those people are completely clueless.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 26 August 2006 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-01-08

That’s where I wanna go when I get old.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}