1 of 1
{/paginate}
If you need a good read…
Posted: 24 August 2006 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30

Has anyone read The Dinosaur Heresies

by Robert T. Bakker? I just picked it up, and it turns out to be a really good read. His writing is interesting, and the drawings of dinosaurs are awesome. Certainly none of it is very heretical any more, but it’s a good book all the same.

Posted: 24 August 2006 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

i haven’t read that book of his, but I liked Raptor Red.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 24 August 2006 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30

I loved Raptor Red! But trust me, this book is just as good, if not better, because it really eleborates on his theories.

Posted: 25 August 2006 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I read both of them years ago (they’re both on bookshelves in my library somewhere), and enjoyed them.  And yes, much of the “heretical” stuff in them has become more mainstream since then, which is rather funny.  Of course, that doesn’t necessarily make it all true.  Just less heretical.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 August 2006 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Then I will trust both of your judgements and look out for The Dinosaur Heresies. I hope I can find a cheap copy somewhere…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}