{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Poll
Which group will contain the Million-Dollar winner? Read the article before voting!
Black 3
Asian 1
Hispanic 0
White 1
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Newest ‘Survivor’ Divides Contestants By Racial Identity
Posted: 23 August 2006 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, as a Survivor junkie, I thought this is interesting:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20060823/115638606001.html

White, Asian, Hispanic, Black, four groups of four.

I am torn between figuring the Blacks or the Asians will win.

Dan, maintaining that all great minds need mindless diversions

Posted: 23 August 2006 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

Not a reality TV fan, actually.  Working evenings I don’t get a chance to watch a lot of primetime television at all.  I do tape a few shows (haven’t bothered to modernize to TiVo) like Lost and Gilmore Girls (the wife got me hooked on that).  And The Simpsons, of course!

Other than that I can take or leave primetime TV.  Mostly leave.

The new Survivor does sound interesting.  But not interesting enough for me to want to watch it.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 24 August 2006 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  372
Joined  2004-04-20

Dan, I edited your post. Enough said.

Posted: 24 August 2006 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

I edited mine too.  cool smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 24 August 2006 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-08-19

I have stopped watching Survivor series after the 3rd season. I have found it too fake for contestants to be put through a month (?? forgot the duration), going through each survival day…...back stabbing, lying, dishonest, etc….all for the glory of monetary returns. To me, it appeared that whoever the winner was then…..no matter how he/she tried to play a fair honest game…it just wont happen. Ultimately, the objective was to win that 1 million dollars. Greed always came flashing on the tv screen.

I dont see anything fantastic for this new season…..the story line will still be the same. If only the show tries to create an understanding of the various races’  cultural traits, customs, etc…to make the world understands, appreciates, values the differences….then its worth seeing it. The world is really colourful…..with so many more to discover in humankind itself, but sadly the world is now separated even more apart…...east and west and division of races.

I rather watch the Discovery Channel to understand the world better than watching Survivor.

Posted: 24 August 2006 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Sorry, Alex, if I wrote something inappropriate, it was honestly not intended.  I am about as un-race-conscious as people get.

Dan, apologizing

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}