If America Was Like Iraq
War Game Drills Confused NORAD on 9/11
More Killed by U.S. Than By Terrorists
Behind High Gas Prices
The Real “Dirty Bombs”
9/11 Pollution Could Cause More Deaths Than Attacks
The U.S. Debt Bomb
Supreme Court Justice Promotes Orgies, Belongs to S&M Cult

or you could just click on pics at :  http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/paralinks.html

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 August 2006 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Okay, I read a couple of them (the S & M one, of course!) and scanned a couple others…...

What is your take on this stuff?  True?  Total fabrication?  A bit of each?

There is a saying I often think of, that applies sometimes:  ‘Even the paranoid have enemies.’  So maybe some of this stuff is true?

I do have one employee, he has been with me 20 plus years, who is totally paranoid, his wife, too.  They will not even go to San Francisco for dinner or to visit the museums, they are afraid of getting murdered.  (When I pointed out to him that statistically, one is far more likely to be a murder victim in a small town than a large city, he just stared at me.)

The City-avoidance thing is just one good example, there are dozens of others.

And he is otherwise quite sharp!

(Oh, he keeps lots of guns, of course…....)

Dan the hardly-ever-paranoid

Posted: 10 August 2006 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I think there’s always a grain of truth in every theory and certainly conspiratorial agendas exist in all human beings on some level….therefore, we are all justifiably victims of some level of paranoia.  In the overall scheme of life, a touch of paranoia is like ‘fear’, it keeps us (at least we think), alert to danger. 

If, however, we weave huge and complex theories based on imagined or even real agendas, I think we involve ourselves dangerously on two levels:  1.  we lay naked our own vulnerabilities to others (which they can then attack),  or, 2.  if we do not share our imaginings (justified or not) with others for fear of attack, we lay ourselves open to true psychosis.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}