1 of 3
Thoughts on most Conspiracy Theories
Posted: 15 July 2006 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

While I am totally convinced that President Kennedy was killed as the result of a conspiracy, I have a problem with most conspiracy theories, the ones concerning 9-11, or the Oklahoma City bombing, or we were never really on the moon, or the like.

The big problem with them, as I see it, is most of these ‘theories’  is that they would involve hundreds if not thousands of co-conspirators, and require their 100% co-operation and then their complete and total silence.

Ever know anyone who could keep a really big secret?  Well, through bribes and threats of violence to family members, etc, you could certainly co-erce a small band of conspirators, but hundreds or thousands?  Someone womewhere would cash-in and write a book anonymously or suffer from guilt and turn himself in or leave the information behind after their death or whatever.

The point is, the conspiracy would never hold together long!  Now, JFK could have been pulled off by perphaps ten well-trained personnel and maybe a few more auxiliary people (drivers, operators of safe-houses, etc), a number small enough to manage.

But 9-11 with bombs all through the buildlings and fake pilots and control tower people who destroy the radar records and all that?  Or that in Oklahoma all the Law Enforcement people mysteriously called in sick that day?

Or 20,000 NASA technicians just looked the other way while we faked the Moon Shot?

Pretty hard to believe!

Dan the Student of Human Nature and Expert in Assasinations and Bombings and such due to his 30 years of contracting roofing.

Posted: 15 July 2006 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05

I just had a funny thought:

Dyed-in-the-wool conspiracy theorists will now figure that I was in on those events, and am part of the cover-up.

Gee, I could cash in! 

Dan the Underpaid Secret Operative

Posted: 16 July 2006 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Dan Jr. - 16 July 2006 03:05 AM

I just had a funny thought:

Dyed-in-the-wool conspiracy theorists will now figure that I was in on those events, and am part of the cover-up.

Gee, I could cash in! 

Dan the Underpaid Secret Operative

Don’t worry about it, I’m firmly convinced that if there are conspiracies then 90% of conspiracy theorists are involved.
After all, how better to disuade everyone from something, than by making stuff up about every little hiccup that happens
so that if a true conspiracy is ever discovered people will simply think the nutters are on the loose again.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 16 July 2006 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-01-08

What do YOU think went down at Dallas, Dan?

Posted: 16 July 2006 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05

Sharruma first:

Damned good point!  Misdirection, like in the UFO stuff.  Quite plausible.  Are you one of the perps?

FlintJ:

Well, some people who have studied it figure Lyndon Johnson as being the ultimate plotter, using the mob to carry it out.  It is very plausible, no real holes in the thought-lines, LBJ (if you don’t remember) was VP at the time and from Texas, he was a 40-year Representative and quite powerful and also hated JFK, referring to him often as ‘The Boy’.  LBJ figured he had the nomination, but JFK took advantage of the new medium, TV, and with his movie-star good-looks, the semi-royalty nature of his life, he pulled an end-around and secured the nomination for himself, mostly with Daddy’s money.

And the two brothers, John and Bobby, pursued the Mob quite vigorously while in office (I never knew why, really.  The father, Joe Kennedy, was a mobster himself, he made most of his money in sophisticated stock-swindling schemes while in cahoots with the Chicago Mafia, Sam Tafficante, etc.)  [This is all public record, the stuff about Joe Kennedy, not fantasy or speculation on my part.]

(By the way, as a boy of ten, I shook JFK’s hand while he was campaigning through my town in Southern Illinois.  One of those little things one never forgets.)

I do not buy the Castro theories (as vengeance for the Bay of Pigs and many assasination attempts).

And that Lee Harvey Oswald somehow pulled it off all by himself, somehow also shooting Officer Tibbets miles across town, firing a bolt-action rifle three times in quick succession and highly accurately, then somehow caught while seated in a movie theater, hiding.  Doesn’t work for me!

But like everyone else not intimate with the details, how do I really know?  I don’t.

Dan the Confused Historian

Posted: 17 July 2006 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

hmm, has anyone seen that DVD that started in america, theres just an (american) young sounding guy talking you through everything and it shows different news stories, shows up close images of things “going wrong”, even goes into details such as the fact that there was a huge fire drill on the twin towers a weekish before they burnt down and stuff. It was totally fascinating.

It made me unsure about what happened. Although I don’t think it’s a governement conspiracy (probably) hmm. It just makes me wonder. By the way the DVD isnt a shop bought one I think it’s just been passed round by loadsof people to their friends and stuff. Very very interesting, I wish my dad hadn’t have passed it on without making a copy at least. grumblegrumble.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 17 July 2006 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
thunder - 17 July 2006 04:17 AM

It made me unsure about what happened. Although I don’t think it’s a governement conspiracy (probably) hmm. It just makes me wonder.

But then again, as Paul Wolfowitz (U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense (2001-05)), Steve Rosen (Policy Director of American Israel Public Affairs Committee, now under indictment for spying for Israel) and others wrote in 2000...

In the Persian Gulf region, the presence of American forces, along with British and French units, has become a semipermanent fact of life. [...] Indeed, the United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.

How fortunate that Saddam turned out to (not) have WMDs and was (not) linked to the terrorist outrage of 9/11. Mind you, Wolfowitz, Rosen et al aren’t finished yet…

[T]he Army should:

Posted: 17 July 2006 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

Dan, your tortured logic is killing me here.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 17 July 2006 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

I

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 July 2006 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05

hmm, has anyone seen that DVD that started in america, theres just an (american) young sounding guy talking you through everything and it shows different news stories, shows up close images of things “going wrong”, even goes into details such as the fact that there was a huge fire drill on the twin towers a weekish before they burnt down and stuff. It was totally fascinating.

It made me unsure about what happened. Although I don’t think it’s a governement conspiracy (probably) hmm. It just makes me wonder. By the way the DVD isnt a shop bought one I think it’s just been passed round by loadsof people to their friends and stuff. Very very interesting, I wish my dad hadn’t have passed it on without making a copy at least. grumblegrumble.

Well, who knows, perhaps the info in that DVD ( I am not familiar with it) is true and correct.

However, typically, Thundie, most things of that nature contain half-truths, lies, significant ommisions of facts that do not lend themselves to the premise of the DVD or book, outright fraud, etc.

A good example is Michael Moore’s movie.

Thundie, you are young and have not had the opportunity to observe a lot of first-hand history yet, but it is the sad truth that many people will lie outrageously and manipulate you without reservation, (This is ‘you’ in the collective sense of the general populace), anyway, manipulate you to no end, all for money or political gain for themselves.

A good way to see this:  Google someone like ‘Margaret Thatcher’  and scan the various commentaries on her, you will see outrageous statements by some people, blaming her for everything from global warming to the price of gasoline, all done by her as a conspiracy to enrich the Queen of England who is now nearly-broke due to wildly extravagant use of cocaine and heroine by herself and her husband the King.

(Now, maybe they are right, how would I know?  But I kind of doubt it.)

Posted: 18 July 2006 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Well, who knows, perhaps the info in that DVD ( I am not familiar with it) is true and correct.

However, typically, Thundie, most things of that nature contain half-truths, lies, significant ommisions of facts that do not lend themselves to the premise of the DVD or book, outright fraud, etc.

yeah, I know, I looked into some stuff afterwards however and some of it did seem very true. I know people manipulate things to help themselves or for sadism or whatever but this one seemed different from other’s I’ve seen. There were some interesting points on it, such as the fact that even though there was no large plane wreckage to be seen because the heat vapourised it, one little passport was found that survived the heat? And about a week before the attack on the pentagon, there were white markings on the grass almost exactly where the plane was supposed to have hit.

hmm, I know I don’t know everything, and I’m not screaming conspiracy theory, but there are a couple of points I’m doubting.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 18 July 2006 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Thunder, please, please tell me that this isn’t the ‘Loose Change’ DVD you’re talking about…

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

1 of 3