1 of 25
August 31, Wednesday
Posted: 31 August 2005 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

This guy on the radio today was accusing people of not caring about LA, MS (Katrina dmgs).  “It’s human nature,” he says.  “You’re glad that it didn’t happen to you.”

I just want to kick him in the balls.  Of course I care.  I AM glad that it didn’t happen to me.  But I DO care.

I’m pissed that he’s not bad-mouthing the news reporters that are out there.  They’re cruising around with their damn cameras and satellite equipment, but are they pushing their little boats up to the rooftops and asking people if they can take them somewhere??????  NO.  They’re NOT.  They’re just passing by and letting them sit up there.  Fuck journalism.  Get them off their roofs!  Are they saying, here, let me put you on T.V. so that if your family can see this, they’ll no you’re okay?  NO.  They’re just using their position to show their pain and misery.  But they’re not doing a damn thing.  Because when they’re finished, they’re going home to a dry structure and A/C, and gasoline and cars. 

People have likened this to our “Tsunami”  (technically a tsunami is a pacific hurricane, so they’re the same) without the body count.  But is the UN or NATO here?  Nope.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

mornin smile

cant argue with you Maegan…

with a fraction of what the government has spent on Iraq, those people would have a lot less to worry about.

and they are in an oil producing region, you would think the feds would be throwing money at em.

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

I know!  10 refineries are currently out of commission.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

SOme of them just don’t have people to run them…but others are dmgd.  One broke loose and hit a bridge.

They might have to redraw the maps.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

passed the gas station around the corner from here on the way in this morning…$3.03 for a gallon of regular gulp

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Ours was only $2.59 right now…but that’s up from yesterday.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16

My husband paid $3.05 for gas this morning, which was at the highest place in town (he could have gone around the corner and saved 20c a gallon.

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

And g’morning.

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Hi.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

How are you doing this morn, Maeg?

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

morning Winona smile

hey, remember yesterday, we were talkin about Footloose?  funnily enough, todays issue of The Onion has this hilarious story, based obviously on Footloose

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29993

coincidence????

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2005 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

I feel a little melancholy.  Yesterday I didn’t have to take many Katrina calls - today it’s every other call.  Some people don’t even know what their dmgs are, they just know that their entire neighborhood or street is underwater, and assume their property is dmgd also.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 25