3 of 4
Pirates of the Caribbean
Posted: 12 July 2006 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  2006-06-16

For the ride in Florida, I know it was going under construction in march.  My sister was there the last day before they started.

As for the movie (now that I’ve seen it), it wasn’t bad.  It was a little long and probably would have been better if it was a self-contained film like the first one.  There’s a lot of slimy, snakey things so watch out if you’re sqeamish.  Overall, I enjoyed it and they didn’t do the TBC ending too badly.  It’s definately worth seeing as it’s much better than some of the movies out.

Posted: 12 July 2006 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

I think the ride was scheduled to reopen concurrent with the release of this movie.

Oh, and one peeve (out of several) - Shooting a broadside into the bow of a ship is what you want to do, damnit.  It’s the perfect shot, not waiting for them to turn broadsides to you as well.

Rant over.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 22 July 2006 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29
Mark-N-Jen - 10 July 2006 10:22 PM

I like how there’s an option of “too busy perving on J. Depp to notice the movie” but no “too busy perving on Keira to notice the movie.”

What gives here….???

raspberry

Notice that there’s not any option to perve on Orlando Bloom (not that I was - yeuch!)  It was a bit on the long side, and to think that it’s all a setup for the third film which isn’t out ‘til next year was a little disappointing.  Still, it was good!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 23 July 2006 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Despite my earlier complaint, I would just like to say that although the lack of content was annoying, I would have still gone to drool over “captain!” Jack Sparrow smile

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 23 July 2006 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Agreed, Thundy! smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 23 July 2006 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Smerk - 22 July 2006 11:55 PM
Mark-N-Jen - 10 July 2006 10:22 PM

I like how there’s an option of “too busy perving on J. Depp to notice the movie” but no “too busy perving on Keira to notice the movie.”

Notice that there’s not any option to perve on Orlando Bloom

For that matter, why not a “Too busy perving on Bill Nighy” option for all the women who are hentai fans?  Eh?  Discrimination, that’s what it is!

Oh, by the way, I did finally manage to watch the movie (I’ll have to take you up on your offer with another movie some other time, Thunder!), and while it was entertaining and diverting, I think that it was indeed too much like the writers were saving their efforts for the concluding movie, using this one mainly just to hook people.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 July 2006 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Why is everyone ‘perving’ on the drunk, smelly, unwashed, guy?
Isn’t that what every women wants?

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 24 July 2006 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

So all I have to do is get drunk to get the women?  I can manage the others easily.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 29 July 2006 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-07-29

The best I can say about it was I saw it at a drive-in, so there was a little novelty factor going on there.

Posted: 30 July 2006 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
AmandaSparks - 29 July 2006 09:20 PM

The best I can say about it was I saw it at a drive-in, so there was a little novelty factor going on there.

I wish we had drive-ins….

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 01 August 2006 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Well, I’ve finally seen the new film, and I loved it. I thought it wasn’t quite as good as the first one, but still a lot of fun. I see what Boo meant, about it seeming like a trailer for the third one, but I saw it more as the first half of a longer film, such as the Kill Bill films.
I want to be a pirate when I grow up…  smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

3 of 4