1 of 1
{/paginate}
Perth Murder Rumour
Posted: 30 June 2006 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

I’m putting this in this catagory as it relates to something in the news at the moment, but it’s also to do with an urban legend. For those of you who don’t know about the murder of poor little Sophia, here’s just one of the news stories for you to catch up on.
However, after Dante Wyndham Arthurs was arrented for her murder, rumours started spreading that he was one of the boys involved in the killing of James Bulger. Emails were doing the rounds in droves, papers were picking up the story, either to deny it or to speculate, and obviously it was covered in the news. The Police Commissioner of WA has stronlgy denied the rumours and the doctor who helped deliver Arthurs has stepped forward to say that he couldn’t possibly be one of the two boys. Anyway, I’ve pasted one of the articles regarding the denial of this urban legend for you all to read. A quick Google search will bring up even more of them.

Friday June 30, 03:02 PM
Perth murder rumours ‘destructive’

Emails spreading malicious rumours about the man accused of murdering an eight-year-old Perth girl in a toilet are destructive to the victim’s family, a West Australian legal association says.

Since Tuesday, emails and faxes have been circulating falsely linking the 21-year-old to the murder of British toddler James Bulger in 1993.

Dante Wyndham Arthurs was charged on Tuesday with the wilful murder of Sofia Rodrigez-Urrutia-Shu at the Livingston Marketplace shopping centre at Canning Vale in Perth.

Sofia’s body was found on Monday by her brother and uncle, shortly after she failed to return from a visit to the toilet.

Arthurs also has been charged with the sexual penetration of a child, and deprivation of liberty.

Police and prosecutors have said the emails contain false and malicious claims that Arthurs was one of two boys convicted of killing two-year-old James Bulger when they were aged 10.

The boys had led him from a Liverpool shopping centre in 1993.

The emails said one of the pair was given a new identity and relocated to Australia after his release from prison in 2001.

Criminal Lawyers Association of Western Australia president Belinda Lonsdale said the emails were “destructive not only to the victim’s family but to everyone else”.

They just heightened the level of anger in the community, she said.

“I am pleased, to some extent, to see the commissioner of police and director of public prosecutions have come out very strongly correcting what is a completely wrong and malicious rumour,” she said.

“And I think that will probably go some way to restoring the integrity of the process.”

She said it was in everyone’s interest to have an accused person get a robust defence and a fair trial.

Arthurs has been remanded in custody until July 11, when he will reappear before the Perth Magistrates’ Court.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 30 June 2006 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

Oh, and this bastard raped and strangled an 8 year old girl, breaking both her arms and one of her legs in the process. I really hope the justice system actually works for once and he is locked away, not in isolation, but so other prisoners have access to him. Capital Punishment isn’t used here and that will be the quickest way for his sorry excuse for a life to be ended so he can burn in the deepest pits of hell.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 30 June 2006 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Every time I hear about these henious crimes I feel like I’ve been kicked in the head and teeth…a ‘subtle’ reminder that children are terrorized and killed like this every day.  You’re right Nettie, locking them up isn’t enough…......not nearly enough

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 July 2006 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

That story about the little girl just makes my heart break.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}