1 of 2
Declassified MOD report may be link to ‘Aurora’ superplane.
Posted: 14 June 2006 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

According to the BBC’s Newsnight programme.

Report fuels spy plane theories

The UK knows more than it is saying about top secret American aircraft projects, recently declassified documents reveal.

Deep inside a previously secret Ministry of Defence report are a few pages which will reignite one of the biggest internet conspiracy questions - Is the US Air Force building secret spy planes which can cross the sky at 3,000mph?

The plane, which is often referred to as Aurora, is supposed to be a follow on from the U2 spy plane and the 2,000mph SR71 Blackbird, both of which were first developed and flown in secrecy as ‘Black’ projects.

WATCH THE REPORT ON NEWSNIGHT 14 JUNE AT 2230BST/2130GMT ON BBC TWO IN THE UK AND LIVE ON THE NEWSNIGHT WEBSITE.

Posted: 14 June 2006 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It is entirely possible that the UK knows things that the US has tried to keep secret.  The two countries do actually spy on each other often enough.

As for whether the aircraft really exists, I haven’t a clue.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 14 June 2006 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Sometimes they even share information with one another:

The US gives us details of their 3000mph superplane, we give them our dossier on Saddam’s secret development of WMDs.

Fair’s fair.

Posted: 14 June 2006 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2005-12-16
David B. - 14 June 2006 01:36 PM

Sometimes they even share information with one another:

The US gives us details of their 3000mph superplane, we give them our dossier on Saddam’s secret development of WMDs.

Fair’s fair.

I’ll share the brooklyn bridge with you for the paltry sum of 1MM dollars

Posted: 14 June 2006 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
mmarvi - 14 June 2006 03:56 PM

I’ll share the brooklyn bridge with you for the paltry sum of 1MM dollars

Deal, I think I’ve got a million dollar bill around her somewhere. But I want Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, okay?

Posted: 14 June 2006 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29

Worst is if they don’t give information, then it just fuels the conspiracies.
I remember in the 90’s there were several sightings above Belgium of an unidentified craft(s). It had a traingular shape and interfered with military radar.
It was deemed to be an f117 nighthawke, but considering the data, was probably a type of recon-plane that was/is classified.

(here’s some information if you like:
http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1997/nov/m06-006.shtml
and this one wink
http://www.temporaldoorway.com/ufo/analysis/belgianradar/index.htm

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

Posted: 14 June 2006 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Lots of people surmise that UFO ‘sightings’ are actually of planes or aircraft of this nature, and that the UFO crowd actually makes the Department of Defense’s job of keeping these things secret a lot easier.

Or, that in itself is the cover story.  Who knows?

But gee, international espionage being a given, I really doubt that anything we are developing in the way of break-through aircraft is really a secret to any party that really wants to know.  (Even the Atomic Bomb project in WWII was infiltrated.)

The projects are just too big, and too many people and subcontractors are involved to possibly truly contain the information.

Dan, who, by virtue of his secret life as an undercover roofing contractor, knows a lot about spies and espionage and top-secret projects and stuff

Posted: 15 June 2006 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Oh, often enough other governments know that something is going on, and may even have a fairly good idea of what it is.  But if you can keep a few of the specifics secret, it can still give you an edge.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 15 June 2006 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05
Accipiter - 15 June 2006 08:31 AM

Oh, often enough other governments know that something is going on, and may even have a fairly good idea of what it is.  But if you can keep a few of the specifics secret, it can still give you an edge.

You (as usual) are absolutely right.

Yep, we need them 3,000 mph bombers to help keep them barefoot terrorists in their place!

(I still remember laying in a rice-paddy in VietNam a million years ago, watching F-4 Phantom jets bomb and strafe a bunch of NVA regulars (this was during Tet 1968), then we captured a few of their wounded, they were wearing those kind of sandals that have used truck-tire rubber for soles, and gym shorts (typical Vietnamese wear).  And I told myself, gee, a 40 M $ jet to beat this?)

By the way, on another note from that day, there is nothing quite so impressive as watching a warplane zoom overhead at 700 mph, 40 feet off the ground, dropping bombs.  Quite spectacular.  Better than a Stones Concert!  At least for those of us who weren’t getting bombed!

Dan the Air-Show lover

Posted: 15 June 2006 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
Dan Jr. - 15 June 2006 03:04 PM

I still remember laying in a rice-paddy in VietNam a million years ago, watching F-4 Phantom jets bomb and strafe a bunch of NVA regulars (this was during Tet 1968), then we captured a few of their wounded, they were wearing those kind of sandals that have used truck-tire rubber for soles, and gym shorts (typical Vietnamese wear).  And I told myself, gee, a 40 M $ jet to beat this?

What’s worse is, it didn’t!

Posted: 15 June 2006 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05

Yep, you are right, they won!

(I sometimes reflect, ‘How come the war that I helped fight is the only one we lost?’)

Posted: 17 June 2006 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Don’t worry Dan, i’m sure it wasn’t ENTIRELY your fault!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

1 of 2