More information on “Too Skinny”- more examples
Posted: 07 June 2006 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-07

::In case you start clicking w/o reading:  Some links may not be safe for work.::

I did lots and LOTS of googling. And yes, you’d be surprised how much image manipulation pro-ana (yes, that means pro-anorexia)‘s do. It’s sickening and it makes those of us who really struggled with anorexia want to beat the crap out of those who “long to have the disorder.” One of the main websites dedicated to pro-anorexia is plagueangel.net’s ana’s underground grotto site. http://www.plagueangel.org/grotto/

I really wish there was some way to get some form of government to step in and get the site to be shut down.

Anyhow, I went on a quest to go find more of the original images.

Here’s what I found.

Warning: A few of these images at the bottom are not suitable for work. Assuming you guys are not french speakers (I’m not either), I decided to send over the translated version of the pages.

Link w/ translation

And they’re still searching for more original photos:

Another link w/ translation

The translation is rough. I’m assuming instead of “improved,” that it should translate into “retouched” instead.

I do not know much about this girl whose known on the internet in the anorexic communities under an alias of “Bony Pink.”

I do know that her pictures are real. All I know are a few things about her:

1) She’s from Japan
2) She posed nude for pictures, and in her bikinis in several others.
3) According to what I’ve heard from a few people, she is dead. This disorder did take her life.

I still don’t know her real name, but I have been searching and googling fruitlessly. here are more pictures of her though:
Link to images

-Anna

Posted: 07 June 2006 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Technically, this isn’t a hoax.  We’re well aware that Pro-ana/mia sites exist.

I’m keeping an eye on this thread, though.  It doesn’t need to get out of control!

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 07 June 2006 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I haven’t done the research, but if it’s important to you, I THINK there is some way to report these sites to google and other search engines and they will make them unavailable on a search so that impressionable people will not be able to locate them (at least not easily).  I heard it somewhere, but I could be mistaken.

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=17795&topic=368

Does Google censor search results?

It is Google’s policy not to censor search results. However, in response to local laws, regulations, or policies, we may do so. When we remove search results for these reasons, we display a notice on our search results pages. Please note: For some older removals (before March 2005), we may not show a notice at this time. 

Possibly if you contacted them on the premise that a certain site was aimed at creating a health/life risk to teenage girls, then they might remove it from their search.

Good luck.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 01 January 2007 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-01

y would you want to moderate peoples lives like that?!?! Most of the time these site are all these girls have! im no anerexic but ikno many who are and so far these sites are keeping them alive! they have said things like im soo fat i’d go sucicidal if i didnt have the support from these sites!!!soo maybe if we could change som of the content of the sites to try to change anerexic to something to helpthem instead of just blocking the sites wouldn’t it be better?

Posted: 01 January 2007 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2005-06-25

Man those girls are sick.  Too skiny is too skinny.  They don’t even have boobs anymore and look like they’d break if you touch them.  What’s the good of all that?

Signature 

This is my signiture

Posted: 09 June 2010 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-09

You guys are all wrong. Just because she is Asian does not mean she is Japanese. She is CHINESE. She is from BEJING.
She did not willingly pose for those pictures. She was kidnapped, beaten and raped on a daily and forced to pose for those pictures by a sick anorexic fetishist. You guys are stupid. She is in hospice because anorexia nervosa type II is killing her. She is dying from multiple organ failure. She doesn’t deserve it. Don’t assume anything. And DO NOT talk about her.