3 of 3
Construction designers and products….....Gimme a break!
Posted: 13 June 2006 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

On the totally off-topic tangent of earthquakes vs floods, tornadoes, etc:

The cool thing about earthquakes is they come totally without warning, and only last 30 - 90 seconds, then it is over, except for everybody for the next week telling you what they were doing when the earthquake hit.

What I am getting at is, when something like tornadoes are predicted for an area, everyone is terrified (and justifiably so) for several hours, even if the nearest actual tornado strike was 200 miles away.  Floods?  You see them coming for days, lots of time to get worried sick.

But earthquakes?  They are over before you have time to even get thoroughly frightened.  Just run for the nearest doorway and stand there, you’ll be okay.

As cataclysmic events go, aren’t they considerate?

Dan the Appreciative

Posted: 14 June 2006 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

You know Dan, isn’t it considerate of Mother Nature to not play favorites though?  Whatever She cooks up, we all seem to get equal servings of both desserts and liver (or broccoli or whatever it is you just can’t stand).

But, perhaps, giving Her the benefit of any doubt, it’s also highly possible that She is the Ultimate Universal Conspirator

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 14 June 2006 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Yes, I agree, she is indeed a kind old bat!

You know, I have often reflected how lucky we are that we don’t know the future, think how awful it would be knowing that later tonight you are going to burn yourself while fixing tea, or that tomorrow you will slam the car door on your own thumb and shatter it, etc.

Isn’t ignorance bliss?

Dan the Blissfull

3 of 3