2 of 4
Favorite TV Shows
Posted: 05 June 2006 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Something I hate to admit to watching?  Those clip shows that do outtakes/blooper reals of other TV, or they have home video clips of people falling down or getting kicked by a horse.  It’s not the “America’s Funniest Home Videos” one, it comes on NBC…and not all the time, usually between regular season & summer season shows.

I so love to watch people hurt themselves.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 05 June 2006 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20
Maegan - 05 June 2006 03:38 PM

Something I hate to admit to watching?  Those clip shows that do outtakes/blooper reals of other TV, or they have home video clips of people falling down or getting kicked by a horse.  It’s not the “America’s Funniest Home Videos” one, it comes on NBC…and not all the time, usually between regular season & summer season shows.

I so love to watch people hurt themselves.

As do I! Especially the ones involving hang gliders/parachutes, I know it’s literal evil to laugh at someone else’s misfortune, but it is so hard to resist!

Ahh, I love court TV, Body Of Evidence is magnifico!

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 05 June 2006 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
Dan Jr. - 04 June 2006 10:45 PM

Thundy, you’re cute!  And charming!

Hey, I would be willing to bet that everyone has a favorite inane TV show, they just do not want to admit it.

You know, all great minds need to relax a bit, every now and then!  It re-vitalizes the circuitry or something.

Dan the Overly-Re-vitalized

Thanks Dan the maker of interesting comments smile

yeah, I like BB because it gives my brain a break after revise (I’m a good gal) you dont need any brainpower to watch the housemates argue over fags and rice, or watch them do stupid tasks. Yep, that is the makings of one great show smile

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 05 June 2006 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2005-04-22

Curb Your Enthusiasm!

-funny as hell!

Posted: 05 June 2006 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

American Experience

Nova

Scientific American Frontiers

South Park

one of these things - is not like the other

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 05 June 2006 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
Charybdis - 05 June 2006 09:54 PM

American Experience

Nova

Scientific American Frontiers

South Park

one of these things - is not like the other

Funny!

Dan the Puzzle Solver

Posted: 06 June 2006 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I love to watch Gilmore Girls, probably because watching Loralai deal with an overbearing mother gives me hope and someone to relate to.

CSI because, well it’s CSI.  They do such a great job that the actual cops can just stay home and sleep.

I love King of the Hill because Bobby is my hero.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 06 June 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

CSI cause i’m a geek at heart, Doctor Who (prefer classic Doc who), Prison Break, Lost, Top Gear (tesosterone), Scrubs, Simpsons, South Park (Just saw the one with Christopher Reeve and the Stem Cells, OMG I wet myself laughing), Like David B alot of nature type stuff as Attenborough is one of my all time heroes, Oz used to rock (where did it go?), Bones (!!! cheesy as hell but entertaining!) Most documentorys on the History Channel. Oh and Scrapheap Challange was quite cool.

What i’ll be watching for the next 2 weeks solidly? THE WORLD CUP!!! (Right up until I fly to Germany on the 24th that is when i’ll be there in the flesh!) GO ENGLAND!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 06 June 2006 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
David B. - 05 June 2006 09:13 AM

1. Doctor Who.

2. Whatever the latest David Attenborough is.

3. University Challenge.

Is anyone here surprised?

No, David, you are patently an intellectual.  I am not surprised at all.

But, you know, all minds, even the very great ones, need a time when they just relax and play.  (Personally, I find that doing housework is a great mind-relaxer.)

Does ‘Jeapordy!’ play in UK?  It is pretty good, the questions (answers) are actually pretty well written, not obvious stuff like on ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’  (which, from what I understand, was a very cheap knock-off of a UK show that featured questions much tougher).

Whatever happened to David Frost?  Is he still alive?

Dan the ‘Laverne and Shirley’ fan

Posted: 06 June 2006 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

No Jeapordy here mate, but we still have Mr Frost!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 06 June 2006 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2006-01-27

I’m sorry to say my favourite tv shows aren’t playing anymore.  downer

I used to LOVE “La Linea” (you know that cool bonhomme drawn like chalk on a black (or blue or red depending on his mood) board)...

They are now selling DVDs of all the clips, but they are only available in European format, so I guess I’ll have to wait until they realize that people in North America are interested in them as well…

The other shows I miss were French, so I’m guessing not a lot of you would know any of them…

Signature 

Whether I will grow up to be the hero of my own life, I do not know.

2 of 4