{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Did your brain shut down a little bit there ladies? 
Posted: 03 June 2014 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

I was actually free associating to distract myself from some other things going on in my life and stumbled upon this old new story… but thought it might bring a little humor here like it has on at least one other popular site:

source

Brain areas shut off during female orgasm
Posted 6/20/2005 5:14 PM

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — New research indicates that parts of the brain that govern fear and anxiety are switched off when a woman is having an orgasm.
In the first study to map brain function during orgasm, scientists from the Netherlands also found that as a woman climaxes, an area of the brain that governs emotional control is also heavily deactivated.

“The fact that there is no deactivation in faked orgasms means a basic part of a real orgasm is letting go. Women can imitate orgasm quite well, as we know, but there is nothing really happening in the brain,” said neuroscientist Gert Holstege, presenting his findings Monday at the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

In the study, Holstege and his colleagues at Groningen University recruited 11 men and 13 women, together with their respective partners.

The volunteers laid on a scanning machine bed and were injected with a dye that shows changes in brain function on a scan. For the men, the brain scanner tracked activity during rest, during erection, during manual stimulation by their partner and then during ejaculation, brought on by the partner’s hand.

For the women, the scanner measured brain activity during rest, while they faked an orgasm, during manual stimulation by their partner, and while they experienced genuine orgasm.

Holstege said he had trouble getting reliable results from the study on men because the scanning machine needs activities lasting at least two minutes to record an activity. But the men’s climaxes didn’t last anywhere near that long, meaning he could not reliably compare the scans before climax and during.

However, for women, the results were clear, he said.

When women faked orgasm, the cortex, the part of the brain governing conscious action, lit up. It was not activated during genuine orgasm.

The most striking results, however, were seen in the parts of the brain that shut down, or deactivated.

“During orgasm, there was strong, enormous deactivation in the brain. During fake orgasm, there was no deactivation of the brain at all. None,” Holstege said. “It looks like to have an orgasm, you need to not be fearful or full of anxiety.”

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 16 June 2014 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

That’s funny. I used to work in a government job for 21 years. It was like everybody working there had their whole brain turned off.

OMG. Does that mean…...?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 16 June 2014 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28
Peter - 16 June 2014 09:23 PM

That’s funny. I used to work in a government job for 21 years. It was like everybody working there had their whole brain turned off.

OMG. Does that mean…...?

*giggle*

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 17 June 2014 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

OMG. Does that mean…...?

I suspect that is a prerequisite for most government jobs up here.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 June 2014 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 17 June 2014 11:39 AM

OMG. Does that mean…...?

I suspect that is a prerequisite for most government jobs up here.

Does that mean before they even become government workers they are…....?

OMG.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}