1 of 1
{/paginate}
Chili’s Narrowly Avoids Funding Anti-Vaxxers
Posted: 08 April 2014 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, a little late for this, but still, one round for common sense and the greater good:

Chili’s restaurants were slated to be donating 10% of their proceeds on Monday to the National Autism Association. This is good, right? Helping kids with autism! A fine goal, worthy of praise and such!

Except that the NAA actualy doesn’t help kids with autism. Nope! They’re an Anti-Vaxxer group. From their website:

“Vaccinations can trigger or exacerbate autism in some, if not many, children.”

“While mainstream science discounts vaccinations as a cause, members of the National Autism Association feel vaccinations have triggered autism in a subset of children.”

Gotta love the ‘mainstream science’ bit, there… Just screams typical anti-vaxxer conspiracy nutterism.

Chili’s got slammed hard once word got out, and cancelled the event. From their website:

“Chili’s is committed to giving back to the communities in which our guests live and work through local and national Give Back Events.

While we remain committed to supporting the children and families affected by autism, based on the feedback we heard from our guests, we are canceling Monday’s Give Back Event.

We believe autism awareness continues to be an important cause to our guests and team members, and we will find another way to support this worthy effort in the future with again our sole intention being to help families affected by autism.

At Chili’s, we want to make every guest feel special and we thank all of our loyal guests for their thoughtful questions and comments.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 April 2014 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5529
Joined  2007-03-14

And along those lines. 

Autism may be linked to paternal obesity
Another article on the study
And another

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 13 April 2014 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

If I’m ever in the US I’ll have to go to a Chili’s restaurant.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 14 April 2014 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

I’m glad somebody saw sense.

Posted: 15 April 2014 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I’m glad I didn’t have to heave a brick through their window.

And Peter? You’re not missing much. It’s like any other ‘family dining’ place, only with more tex-mex food.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}