3 of 4
{/paginate}
Jan. 25th—A Room of One’s Own Day
Posted: 08 March 2014 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

Well the weather has decided to do an about turn and it was up about 10C today.  It’s forecast to be above freezing for the next week or so.  I do hope that means spring is coming and I will be able to get the bike out soon.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 08 March 2014 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9094
Joined  2008-03-02

It’s been warm enough to melt most of the snow around here, but it’s supposed to get cold and snowy again. I’m getting pretty frustrated with the whole thing, and I’m *more* than ready for spring to get here!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 09 March 2014 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Cooling down, here.  Balmy 26C today.  Cool enough for me to stand outside for half an hour and clean my car (finally).

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 09 March 2014 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 09 March 2014 12:44 AM

Cooling down, here.  Balmy 26C today.  Cool enough for me to stand outside for half an hour and clean my car (finally).

Did you manage to get the bird poop off the roof?  Maybe one of those swiffer things might help.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 11 March 2014 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Nope.  However, I had my car serviced yesterday, and Toyota cleaned the car again (wasn’t expecting it - I thought that they had stopped valeting when servicing).  Then I had it cleaned yet again today when another mob re-applied the paint protection…poor car doesn’t get cleaned for six months, then gets cleaned three times in as many days.  It’s probably in shock!

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2014 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I need a dealer that will do that.  Mine could definitely use a good cleaning.  Mind you now that the weather is warming up maybe I’ll get the shop vac out and go over the inside real good.  I’m going to leave the outside until the snow has all melted and I won’t be driving thru puddles all the time.  It’s a useless endeavor to try and keep a car clean around here at this time of year.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 14 March 2014 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

It does seem like an exercise in futility.  We actually had some rain the other day (after having no rain for nearly three months), and my car is looking grubby again.  Dust and rain do not mix well.

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2014 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!  I also posted my link in ‘books and tv shows’ AND I’m going to advertise here too just in case:  http://www.amazon.com/SkyChildren-Rebecca-Hulit-ebook/dp/B00J1MWMVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395073993&sr=8-1&keywords=SkyChildren

I have written before but those were never read really by anyone but myself and that was now 30 years ago.  I was encouraged by a few friends to try and so I have and I’m really hoping some will read it.  Please note that I took ‘poetic’ license to invent some words (particularly adjectives) suited to the ambiance but I think they’re fairly obvious)  I have had one review so far and THAT made me feel pretty good!  If you have Amazon Prime is free, but I think, from what I could see, that if you click the illustrated cover, you can read the first 2-3 chapters as a preview.  This is illustrated and not long (Amazon estimates about 65 pages).  It was fun and I really DO hope some of you will actually read it for me!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 March 2014 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Someone left the door open and old man winter snuck back in today.  The weather was warming up nicely before that.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 22 March 2014 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

We had a nice, dramatic thunderstorm yesterday morning.  Lightning took out a train (fortunately empty bar the driver), and a tree down the road from my place.

Signature 

Posted: 22 March 2014 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I was hoping for a nice day today but it was a bit too cold.  Oh well, the snow will be melting again next week if the forecast is correct.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

{paginate}
3 of 4
{/paginate}