2 of 4
{/paginate}
Jan. 25th—A Room of One’s Own Day
Posted: 06 February 2014 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I talk to much anywhere I go, but I do want to at least check in.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 February 2014 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

Hulitoons?  Check….. 

Ok.  You’re checked in.  And don’t worry about the talking.  Talk is always more interesting than silence.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 16 February 2014 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Ok, so it’s been a while since I managed to get in here.  Apparently everyone else was following my lead. 

And once again it’s tax time, wherein we get to figure out how much money we made that the government is going to want over and above what they have already grabbed from us.  The one thing I hate about it is that it takes so freaking long to get all the forms and paperwork I need that it’s well into April before I can even get it into the mail.  Mind you that’s not a bad thing if I am getting a refund.  That way I won’t have it all spent before summer vacation.  Now I have to figure out if I am indeed getting a refund or if I’ll end up owing again.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 February 2014 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Do you have to get your taxes submitted by a certain date?  And at least you’re conscious that it needs to be done - I know people who have somehow managed to get away with not submitting their taxes for years, and then have the audacity to complain when the tax office fines them.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 February 2014 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 17 February 2014 06:16 AM

Do you have to get your taxes submitted by a certain date?  And at least you’re conscious that it needs to be done - I know people who have somehow managed to get away with not submitting their taxes for years, and then have the audacity to complain when the tax office fines them.

My brother was like that.  He didn’t submit any tax forms for about 5 years and when he did he found out that he owed several thousand dollars.  I heard the bitching for almost a year. 

Well I do have until 1 May to get them submitted.  I just like to have mine done up as soon as possible so I can get my refund back before it gets lost in the rush of last minute submissions.  A lot of people like to hold off until the absolute last moment to submit their taxes which causes an overload in the tax offices.  Unfortunately it always takes a couple of months after the year ends before I get my T4 slip with all the data I need to work it out.  It’s always fun estimating things and seeing how close I am once I have actual numbers.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 February 2014 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

After having had to do my own taxes for years, it’s nice that Erik does them now.  In reality I don’t even make the current ‘minimum’ wage either.  When I was basically ‘homeless’ (okay, I’ve spent more than half a century living out of a suitcase when I could afford one so all this is still new to me) I went to the IRS office near me and was able, since I earned no money actually, to get my tax filing delayed for three years so that I would not be fined or had interest applied should I even owe $5.  They gave me the deferment after looking over my employment records.  Thing is you did have to file anyway.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 February 2014 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Another few hours until the end of my shift and I’m off for a few days.  I hope the weather holds and we get rid of more of this snow.  It’s got me thinking about getting my motorcycle out although I don’t think that will happen for a couple of months yet.  I’m hoping though.  Spring won’t come soon enough for me.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 February 2014 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Well so much for spring.  I was looking at the forecast for the next few days.  I saw one that said it was going to be down to -37 C on Friday night.  They have since revised that to -32 C which is a bit of an improvement but still pretty freaking cold.  For those of you down south that translates into an original forecast of about -34 F with a revised forecast of -25.  Time to plug the car in overnight.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 March 2014 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Gray, our temperatures cancel each other out!  It’s currently just shy of 38C here.  If only there was some way where we could average our temperatures out.

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2014 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 01 March 2014 01:08 AM

Gray, our temperatures cancel each other out!  It’s currently just shy of 38C here.  If only there was some way where we could average our temperatures out.

Deal!!  Let’s work on that. even though I’m not so sure that would be a good thing.  lol   If they cancelled out it would still be right about the freezing mark.  Personally I would prefer something a bit warmer, maybe we can fudge it a bit more in your direction.  wink  Admittedly anything would be better than -30 something though.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 March 2014 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

I’m not exactly a fan of either extreme, myself.

Signature 

{paginate}
2 of 4
{/paginate}