Well, there goes your neighbourhood
Posted: 29 November 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

People living on a UK street fear house prices could suffer after Google Earth images showed their estate resembles a giant penis.

Locals on George Road, Edward Road, and Yeoman Cottages in Hoylake, Wirral, fear potential house-hunters wouldn’t want to buy a property in the phallic-shaped area.

When viewed from above, the red roofs on the homes – which have an average £200,000 price tag – make the cul-de-sac look like a penis.

Resident Carl Hodge, 45, said: “Since someone spotted this on Google Earth we have all become a laughing stock”.

Source (with foto): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10464674/Fear-for-house-prices-as-estate-resembles-giant-p*nis-when-viewed-from-above.html

Substitue the * for e

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 29 November 2013 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14

They could always paint the roofs different colors to break up the shape.  I’ve always wondered about people who obsess over the selling price of their house.  Personally I am planning on staying in mine for the duration so the selling price doesn’t factor into things.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 December 2013 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

Me too gray.  In fact yesterday I was talking to Erik about buying houses when we saw a sign (after the fact) that a large builder had put up saying they were having a Black Friday sale on their homes.  I couldn’t imagine what kind of big difference in cost would even be which invited something I stated about 30 years ago.  I said then, and meant it, that I could not afford to buy a home (at that time), and if I finally ‘could’ afford one in my 60s I surely would NOT be making that purchase then and having to face a 30-year (even a 15-year) mortgage at that late time in life.  The best time to buy a home really is in your 30s or 40s (unless you’re really fortunate earlier), but not later.  So…..I’ve never owned a home/house.  Erik’s is now paid off so only yearly taxes will need to be paid.  There is no intent at this time to selling either.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are