{paginate}
1 of 5
{/paginate}
July 4th, because holy cow we needed a new thread!
Posted: 04 July 2013 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9094
Joined  2008-03-02

*brings in fresh, chewy, chocolate chip cookies*

Soooooo….yeah.  New thread.  smile

Happy birthday, USA! 

I have to say that while I love all the fireworks, my dog does *not*.  Some folks in the neighborhood were setting them off, and poor Tex was alternating between trying to hide next to me and pacing around the living room and hallway.  :(

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 04 July 2013 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

A lot of pups get lost wit all that and wind up being picked up by animal welfare.  Best to keep them inside.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 04 July 2013 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Ooh! Fresh cookies!

*nom*

The ones that stagger me are the folks who BRING THEIR DOGS to the fireworks show. Sure, the dog will be scared at home… but having those titanic explosions directly overhead is somehow NOT going to freak out fido?

In any case, I shall have FUN this weekend! There is a SF/Fantasy convention in the area - Westercon - and I have tickets!

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 04 July 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

A new thread to mess up.  Lets keep on top of it shall we?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 July 2013 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Yeah, we tend to keep Tex inside during the fireworks, or else go out in the backyard with him just to make sure he doesn’t try to take off.

Robin, the convention sounds like a lot of fun—enjoy!  smile

We’re not doing anything major for the 4th today.  I already called my mom to wish her a happy birthday, and she was telling me about a trip she and her friend are taking to Virginia City, NV.  Apparently, among other things, there’s a wine festival going on, which sounded like fun, and she said they were just going to watch fireworks (or try to, depending on visibility) from her friend’s front yard.  As for Dave and I, we’re going to one of the big parks in town for the fireworks show tonight, along with most of the kids and grandkids, and we’ll have snacks and drinks, stuff like that.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 05 July 2013 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, the convention is… disappointingly small. Granted, I’m used to a convention that has had to move hotels every few years because they keep growing, but… yeah. TINY.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 July 2013 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

*bump*
wouldn’t want this stickied thread to get lost now would we?
LOL
Grabs an only slightly crumbly cookie on the way out…

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 19 July 2013 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

So, my laptop kinda died during the week - the screen kept whiting out.  Most likely cause is a video cable wearing out.  I’ve barely had the laptop 18 months.  Not happy, Jan.  Having to make do with my tablet (which sucks for coming on here), and am currently using my mother’s laptop.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 21 July 2013 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

At least you have access to something.  You could have been stuck in limbo without access at all. 

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 July 2013 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

And it’s another slow evening at work.  Going to have to get creative and find something to keep myself and the guys busy.  This could be a challenge.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 July 2013 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Last day of shift.  Wheeeeeeeeeeee…...  smile 

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 July 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

I applied for a job surveying both residents and nonresidents (primarily nonresidents) for the Institute of Tourism and Recreation Research.  Would’ve been very similar to the Census work I was doing a couple of years ago.  Didn’t get the job, though, so I’m still looking for steady work.  *sigh*

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

{paginate}
1 of 5
{/paginate}

‹‹ My ex new job      Happy Birthday, Peter! ››