1 of 1
{/paginate}
Flooding in the area
Posted: 21 June 2013 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Here is a link to some pictures of the flooding happening right now in Calgary.  They are saying this could be the worst flooding in almost a century (depending on who is talking).  It’s worse than I’ve ever seen it in in all my years here.  Fortunately the area I live in is flood free and I personally don’t have any problems.  However there are several communities around the city that have been evacuated and all the low lying areas along the rivers are under water including all of downtown. 

link to pics here

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 24 June 2013 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Global warming/climate change is really doing amazing stuff everywhere (whether man-made or just naturally occurring aside).  That’s pretty awful gray…......build an arc and don’t forget the storm shelter!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 June 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

So, are you going to the Monica Lewinsky auction?

Interesting news site you have there.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 25 June 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14
Peter - 25 June 2013 07:06 AM

So, are you going to the Monica Lewinsky auction?

I think I’ll pass on that one Peter.  It just doesn’t strike me as being anything but laughable although I’m sure there will be some people attracted to it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}