Croakus-Interruptus
Posted: 14 June 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

‘During frogs’ hectic mass breedings, females often die. But one species appears to have found a work-around: males harvest and fertilize their partners’ eggs after her death.’

http://www.the-scientist.com//?articles.view/articleNo/35675/title/Croakus-Interruptus/

Apparently it isn’t her eyes, or cute face, or boobs the guys stare at .... it’s those sexy EGGS!!!  And my gosh, they even got a photo of a guy on top of a female corpse!!!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 14 June 2013 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

*cues up the Barry White music*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 14 June 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5509
Joined  2007-03-14

Gives a whole new twist to being a necrophiliac.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website