Think this is FICTION???  Think again….........
Posted: 29 April 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.upworthy.com/a-girl-gets-attacked-at-school-for-being-straight?g=2&c=upw1

This fictional short film flips everything you know on its head. It’s a hard watch, but it’s an amazing one. If you want to know what the point of this story is, it’s explained very clearly at 17:09.

TRIGGER WARNING: The ending is somewhat disturbing, and involves an action commonly associated with the results of violence and bullying.

Think this is fiction? This ACTUALLY happened to me in high school, 9-10th grade. (somewhere on here I think I have mentioned this….probably some years ago now if I did) I was in boarding school in Egypt. My roommates were lovers (they were not the only ones), they were both girls. I was the third person in the room. Their abuse and bullying toward me, was non stop. I was pushed, stepped on, hollered at, put down and shunned. I understood later it was because I am straight.

This was a missionary boarding school. I wrote to my mother because I didn’t understand my roommates, was frightened of them and they made my life miserable, VERY deliberately, NOR did I know the terms: ‘lesbian or gay’. There were actually quite a few kids who did believe, fervently, that a boy touching a girl’s hand would cause a baby. In the beginning then, there were NO boy/girl relationships at all in the high school. I apparently began a different road there.
  Oh, and I do support gay rights, even while this history remains with me.

Yes, I did try to leave this world…................................. so, while many will think this fiction AGAINST a heterosexual, and while the film is directed to make heterosexuals understand, I DID LIVE the reverse. There was no one there to help me. I was not moved to another room for safety.  I did suffer an extreme emotional breakdown and while I asked repeatedly to be permitted to go home to both the school and my parents, none relented in any way.  These were all adults who knew and understood something I did not, and not a single one came to my side.  While my brother was also at the same school and saw, he was also at an age where having a ‘sister’ was the very worst connection he felt he could have.  At one point he did speak with me and even contacted our parents but in vain. 

Here’s the thing, every time you holler foul-play for one side, there may be, much to your disdain, the same or worse from the other side.  All sides deserve to be noted as equally important.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 April 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2005-06-15

That sounds really horrible.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 30 April 2013 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

It was Peter.  I had a breakdown in the second hear, started losing copious amounts of hair (the doctor there said I must be pulling it out myself and not realizing it) so I was instructed to only brush my hair once a day. 

What I, and a few others in the school, didn’t understand, is that these two girls in particular were given an unusual wide berth to do pretty much what they wanted to do including breaking curfews, classes etc.  What neither my brother nor I knew until the end was that the superintendent wanted us there to provide a more ‘normal’ environment or behavior setting (as if two kids could really even do that).  I remember one night I was studying on my bed to the side of the room I shared with these two girls when several others came to the doorway.  The two girls were busy making out and paid no attention even when the girls standing in the door way asked ME what they were doing.  The only thing I could say was:  ‘You can see as well as I can.’ and I let it go at that…even when the other girls at the doorway looked at me stupified.  I just continued to study. 

The point I’m trying to make here is that too often people are made to appear as victims who in turn DO bully others.  I am an advocate for gay rights because I have had other friends who were and are gay and they are wonderful folks…...........but not everyone is what they ‘seem’ to be.

Additional note:  The brother of one of the girls traveled from Texas to Ohio over 40 years ago to try to stop my brother from marrying his bride because that brother was in love with MY brother….my brother was bewildered and NO he did not reciprocate and did marry his dream girl the next day in a glorious wedding (they are still married and have grandchildren).  In recent years I was advised that the one roommate now lives alone (according to her brother to my brother) and has suffered some depression issues.  I don’t know though if this is even true.  My brother told me about this a couple years ago.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are