3 of 5
{/paginate}
April 1st - April Fools’ Day
Posted: 21 April 2013 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I was alone when I went back to school.  I didn’t have the luxury of studying in my field of passion because it would in no wise sustain me.  My parents permitted me to come home for the duration of school so that I could go full-time, but advised that as soon as I graduated I had to get a job asap and then out of their house as soon as possible too (they held to their promise of a roof, and I honored my own and left their home within a few months of employment).  SO, I selected the only field that might keep me alive and that was in the business field (which I wanted NOTHING to do with BUT it was a field that was hiring).  In the end, even though I couldn’t study the field of my passion, I did learn to be passionate in the field that would sustain me….for as long as possible.  I was 30 then. 

I know you will find your happy job Crafty.

added note:  I was telling Erik about you Crafty, and then myself.  I’m in a safe place so I’m no longer (hopefully it stays that way) concerned about earning money (so I don’t try to sell the stuff I’m passionate about drawing and making) so instead, for the first time in my life, I’m spending money on what has been my lifelong passion.  He then advised that I’d already ‘earned’ it!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 May 2013 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9091
Joined  2008-03-02

I have to agree with Erik—you’ve definitely earned the right to enjoy what you’re passionate about!  smile

I passed my French challenge—woohoo!  But I still have to take the final in order to get credit for the first 3 credits (the challenge covered the other 3 so that I have a total of 6 for my degree’s language requirement).  I’ll take that tomorrow, and then all of myi finals will be done.  Graduation is Saturday morning at 10.  It’s hard to believe that I’m already done, and that I don’t have to go back in the fall.  Now I just have to hope that I can find paying work pretty quick! gulp

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 May 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Congratulations Crafty!!!  Oh, and I think you will (find that paying employment too)!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 May 2013 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Huh…no new members to be deleted…wonder if Alex is up to something.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 May 2013 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Better captcha system, maybe? or perhaps we somehow fell off the spammer radar?... maybe the country of Nigeria suffered an internet outage?

(ok, that’s horrible, but yeah..)

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 May 2013 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Hope so.  But then I’ve noticed that the active user stats have disappeared from the bottom of the main forum page, too.  So, maybe he’s turned something off, or doing upgrades or something.

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2013 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28
Robin Bobcat - 18 May 2013 12:08 AM

Better captcha system, maybe? or perhaps we somehow fell off the spammer radar?... maybe the country of Nigeria suffered an internet outage?

MoH is NOT on the radar for Nigeria Robin…
cheese

Alexa
Site Information for museumofhoaxes.com

Traffic Ranking Globally:  89,014
Traffic Ranking United States: 54,849
(Reputation) Sites Linking In:  3,742
Reviews:1 (5 stars)

International Traffic:

Demographics:

Search Queries:

Bottle tops for sale?? blank stare

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 22 May 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

Well vacation over for the year.  At least this vacation is over.  I still have a couple planned down the road.  Uploaded a bunch of pics to my facebook page for anyone who is interested.  I’m still sorting so there will likely be more to come.  It was nice and relaxing and fun to get away from the grind for a while.  I am hoping I can look forward to something like this in retirement one day.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 May 2013 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29
oppiejoe - 18 May 2013 01:47 AM
Robin Bobcat - 18 May 2013 12:08 AM

MoH is NOT on the radar for Nigeria Robin…
cheese

I ended up asking Alex about it.  He turned off new members as we were getting hit by a huge number of Russian spammers.  Most were getting caught by the filters, but the pure volume of registrations was beginning to overwhelm the system.

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

Probably a good thing.  Russian spammers eh?  If they ever got together with the Nigerians we might be in trouble.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 24 May 2013 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Yeah, the horrors of having young, good-looking Russian girls wanting to be our friends, and offering lots of money…

Signature 

{paginate}
3 of 5
{/paginate}