{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Penis-snatching fears grip Central African village
Posted: 28 March 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2005-10-26

A search on ‘penis’ (Always a fun thing to do at work where your screen arent hidden) produces a surprising number of results(what kind of people ARE we?), but I couldnt find a hit on this. I’m sure it has been covered before.

I always have to wonder, what is the proof that it has happened? Do they see it as a relief to whip it out and say ‘see, I used to he huge but now I’ve been shrunk’.
And as much as I’d like to say how backwards they are to believe in it, you dont have to search here very much at all to come up with some crazy things that 1st world westerners believe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/25/africa-pen[delete this]is-snatching-case.html

Penis-snatching fears grip Central African village

Men in a Central African village are living in fear of having their penis snatched, an American anthropologist reports.

University of California, Berkeley, geography fellow Louisa Lombard told CBC Radio’s The Current about the case, in which two men in the town of Tiringoulou, Central African Republic, claim their penises have been shrunk to the size of a baby’s after they were touched by a tea merchant passing through the village.

Psychiatrists consider penis-snatching a culture-based syndrome, and note there is no physical basis for it. Despite that, it has spread like mass hysteria — often spurred by word of mouth and tabloid media — across African countries like Cameroon and Nigeria since the 1980s.

Anthropologists have linked the disorder to fear of foreigners and economic inequality, though it also has a connection to witchcraft beliefs.

In some Asian cultures, penis-snatching is known as “koro.” In 1967, Singapore hospitals were filled with men believing they had the disease, and that their penises were retracting into their bodies.

The Current’s host Anna Maria Tremonti spoke with Lombard as well as Deji Ayonrinde, a London-based Nigerian psychiatrist and medical historian about the phenomenon of penis-snatching.

Posted: 28 March 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

There were some Zionist Robot Combs reported years ago that apparently caused penile retraction in Khartoum, Sudan.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 29 March 2013 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. it’s a perennial story, keeps coming back every now and then. It’s even led to violence a few times. The rumor is often xenophobic in nature - ‘don’t hang out with THOSE people, or they’ll steal your wang’, or ‘don’t use that newfangled technology, it will make it fall off’.

If nothing else, it provides a convenient excuse for some of the less-fortunate males…

“Oh.. uh.. yeah baby, it totally got shrunk by a witch’s curse.. yeah.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 March 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I always liked all the versions of this one:  http://www.lukaroski.com/jokes/medical.asp

A businessman returns from the far east. After a few days he notices stange growth on his penis.
He sees several doctors. They all say: “You’ve been screwing around in the Far East, very common there, no cure. We’ll have to cut it off.”
The man panics, but figures if it is common in the East they must know how to cure it. So he goes back and sees a doctor in Thailand.
The doctor examines him and says: “You’ve been fooling around in my country. This is a very common problem here. Did you see any other doctors?”
The man replies: “Yes, a few in the USA.”
The doctor says: “I bet they told you it had to be cut off.”
The man answers, “Yes!”
The doctor smiles, nods: “That is not correct. It will fall off by itself.”

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 March 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

Detachable penis

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}