Iranian Photoshop controversy, surely not!
Posted: 12 March 2013 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21741074

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is mired in a fresh controversy over both real and fake photos showing him consoling the grieving family members of late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

Posted: 12 March 2013 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Gee I don’t know, the old man looks a lot like he’s going to give a blissful kiss and does not appear in the least upset.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 13 March 2013 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

A bit more detail here

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/image-of-ahmadinejad-clasping-hands-with-chvezs-mother-doctored-by-his-supporters/

Seems the hand touching of an unrelated woman is the big issue!

Posted: 13 March 2013 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

This ‘law’ or idea did not exist when I lived there either.  They have, during that time, stepped back about 100 or more years. 

THIS would mean that if his wife was having a baby (and it was a normal unfettered birth) and it ‘might’ be a girl, the father dare not touch the infant at all. 

(note:  my understanding of this law is that a man dare not touch an unrelated women [which I guess would not apply to his own offspring] unless she was drowning or needed medical assistance.)  I think a grieving woman in the throes of unrelenting grief might qualify for needing medical assistance.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are