1 of 2
{/paginate}
November 17, International Students Day
Posted: 16 November 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

Study hard, people.  Even if it is a Saturday.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

Arr! What happened to me booty?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

The students stole it?

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15
Smerk - 16 November 2012 08:54 PM

Study hard, people.  Even if it is a Saturday.

They’d have to be “studying hard” at my university. We’ve finished for the year.

Unless of course they’re enrolled in a Summer Semester. It’s approaching Summer here in Australia.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 17 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I find Australia intriguing.  This is the only place, really, on Earth that ‘feels’ so alien to the rest of the dry-land continents.  I would absolutely LOVE to visit and explore there!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

If I was a student I probably wouldn’t be studying on a saturday.  That’s party day. smile  However since I’m not a student and I’m at work trying to figure out a problem with the control loading on one of our simulators I will have to hit the books and do some studying.  Technical manuals are extremely boring and it’s going to be hard to stay awake though.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 November 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

We’d love you to come and visit, Huli! smile

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Getting close to the end of the month and less than a month til Christmas now.  I can tell because the stores have all gone into high gear with the advertising for Christmas now that Thanksgiving is over.  I will be ever so thankful when the new year is here and things calm down.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

The traffic bothers me but not the stores since I seldom go into one to shop.  My holiday shopping was done over a month ago.  What DOES bother me is that so many people are sick!  From the middle of the country to the east coast I have so many friends and family members suffering from stomach ‘flu’.  I had it a week ago but milder than some others are having the same visitor.  Today I get my regular flu shot….but it’s my understanding that it does nothing really for the stomach bug.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 November 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

I started my Christmas shopping the weekend before last.  I’m mostly done, I just have to find something for my Mum and sister.  And wait for my Dad’s gift to arrive from the UK…

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

One of these days I’m going to fall into the habit of doing all my Christmas shopping online but I hate not being to actually see what I’m buying when I order something so I usually tend to brave the stores each year.  Mind you this year the family has come up with a plan where I only have to buy one present, which I already have, so things should go a lot smoother.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Nope, not a window-shopper.  When you shop online you can do comparisons both in price and kind, read reviews, ask questions, look at videos to see how something works, looks etc.  Even if you go to a Mall there are typically only a few stores that ‘might’ have what you’re looking for and then only some of those ‘sort-of’ items so you end up driving from one to the other, guessing each time if the next one will have what you want.  When it doesn’t you realize your choices are severely limited, you’ve burned a lot of gas and a lot of searching.  Sometimes I do look in stores but I have little patience and a very short attention span.

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}

‹‹ My job search      careers for Loners? ››