1 of 1
{/paginate}
Things I’ve learned about myself
Posted: 08 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

I don’t get along with control freaks. I just recently had a reminder of that - I won’t be specific about the details. Let’s just say it’ll be poetic justice if a certain person I know gets an ulcer later in life.

Normally I’ll either ignore them or I’ll wind up blowing up at them. There tends to be no in between with me. In this case I let him know how I think about him and I’ve hit a nerve because he’s not talking to me now.

Could it be because I’m half Polish? Polish people do seem to have a reputation for being argumentative. I’m actually a quiet person by nature though.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 08 November 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

It has nothing to do with heritage, but quite a lot to do with the wisdom of time.  The older you get the more you have seen, heard, tasted, and finally understood.  There are some platforms that typically become intolerable because they are harmful not just to you, but to others as well. 

When we’re young we haven’t experienced enough of human ‘games’ so we easily fall into traps.  Over time we’ve learned there is much more to a picture than just a single stroke because we’ve finally be lashed by enough of those strokes to see a much larger and sometimes unacceptable portrait.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 November 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Yes it is true I was more likely to be under their control when I was younger. But even then then I felt resentment in some form or another.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 08 November 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Resentment yes, but being unable to view the whole picture we felt trapped…..especially if the manipulator was older, more popular, or appeared better informed and worldly AND if others were dutifully following.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 08 November 2012 03:33 PM

Resentment yes, but being unable to view the whole picture we felt trapped…..especially if the manipulator was older, more popular, or appeared better informed and worldly AND if others were dutifully following.

Err, well. They tended to be older but I wouldn’t exactly call them popular nor better informed nor worldly. As for “dutifully following”.......

In my case I had nasty experiences with control freaks when I was younger so it’s now impossible for me to get along with them. Other people can seem to put on a friendly face with them. I just can’t do that. I can’t be “friendly” with people I don’t like.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Peter - 10 November 2012 09:18 AM
hulitoons - 08 November 2012 03:33 PM

Err, well. They tended to be older but I wouldn’t exactly call them popular nor better informed nor worldly. As for “dutifully following”.......

In my case I had nasty experiences with control freaks when I was younger so it’s now impossible for me to get along with them. Other people can seem to put on a friendly face with them. I just can’t do that. I can’t be “friendly” with people I don’t like.

I meant when we were ‘younger’ and manipulators were ‘older’, or seemed more worldly and savvy than we were at the time....

You’ve clearly outlined that time DOES make us wiser and less tolerant to foolishness….no matter now the age of the fool.

Signature 

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2006-12-06

“Knock knock”

“Who’s there?”

“Control freak. And now you have to say ‘control freak who?’”

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}