Congrats America!
Posted: 07 November 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Via: Replaceface

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 07 November 2012 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

I’ve been having fun twisting the knife a bit with some of my more conservative friends…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 07 November 2012 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2005-06-15

I am happy he won.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 07 November 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5510
Joined  2007-03-14

I’m thinking it’s going to be another few years of nothing worthwhile being accomplished due to the partisan leanings of the house, senate and president.  There was a time when politicians used to be able to compromise across party lines.  The last decade or so that seems to be impossible to do as both parties are unwilling to give an inch.  It’s certainly going to be an interesting time.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 07 November 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

GOP supporters need to realise that Obama won because of the GOP’s failure to get rid of the extremists of the Tea Party,who have hijacked the GOP making the GOP lose respectability.

Your candidates lose because your party has moved towards catering to idiots. Luckily, idiots are still a minority in your country.

Get rid of Bachmann and Akin and their moronic brethren and the GOP will be respectable again. Bring some sense back into your party. The world cringes every time one of your Tea Party idiots says something moronic again.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 07 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Actually, there are many really great folks who could be acceptable and dynamite candidates to choose from.  They are intelligent, people smart, savvy with an uncanny grasp on the intricacies of governance.  The problem is…..they are dirt poor so unknown, even to themselves. 

Only those with wealth, either their own or access to endless supplies from special interest groups can afford to run.  So, we waste brilliant minds, souls and saviours all the time.  Those who do have access to ridiculous excesses in funds are those very like reality TV stars with as much intellect and grasp. 

President Obama won on only 1/4 to 1/3 the funds that Romney raised and spent in just this single campaign. 

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/08/2012-election-will-be-costliest-yet.html

” In the presidential race alone, Wall Street’s loyalties are clear: Those employed in securities and investment have given $10.5 million to Mitt Romney and $3.8 million to President Barack Obama. “

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2005-06-15
LaMa - 07 November 2012 02:18 PM

GOP supporters need to realise that Obama won because of the GOP’s failure to get rid of the extremists of the Tea Party,who have hijacked the GOP making the GOP lose respectability.

Your candidates lose because your party has moved towards catering to idiots. Luckily, idiots are still a minority in your country.

Get rid of Bachmann and Akin and their moronic brethren and the GOP will be respectable again. Bring some sense back into your party. The world cringes every time one of your Tea Party idiots says something moronic again.

The Republicans are capable of being a real powerhouse for good government. But when somebody like Romney acts like a moron by insulting 47% of the US population I have to think the Republicans are their own worst enemies. What little I read and hear of the Tea Party has me thinking it is some cartoonish monstrosity that should be banished from US politics.

In reality if I were a US citizen I’d likely be a voter for the Democrats.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 09 November 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  737
Joined  2006-12-06

Politics have divided the USA to the extent that the two sides not only disagree on the solutions to the country’s problems, they represent two different realities.

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

When any critter gets scared, they suddenly become very dangerous and loyalties become divided or removed completely. 

“We should split up, cover more ground.”
“No staying together is much more sound.”
Each idea is based on success,
yet either OR both may inherit a mess.
Political views are much the same.
Like all ‘B’ movies they’re a dangerous game.

(hulitoons)

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 12 November 2012 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Modern politics no longer seems to be about working for the good of the nation, just personal power struggles and entrenched dogma which prevents one person agreeing with another from the “opposition” as it is siding with the “enemy”, which is nonsense when they should be doing their best for everyone in the country.

Posted: 12 November 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

It has become a sport.

Signature 

Posted: 13 November 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5510
Joined  2007-03-14
hulitoons - 12 November 2012 10:07 AM

It has become a sport.

In a sport there is generally a winner.  Even though Obama got the most electoral college votes I’m not sure I would call anyone a winner in this one.  The country is too deeply divided in it’s politics and I can see that being a problem for many years to come. It pretty much makes the whole country losers in this battle.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website