Bedford couple unwittingly grow cannabis
Posted: 10 October 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

An elderly couple have unwittingly grown the “biggest cannabis plant” police officers had seen after buying what they thought was an innocuous shrub from a car boot sale.

The couple, who live in Bedford, had planted the drug in their garden.

Police officers were astounded when they spotted the plant. They have collected it and a spokesperson said it would be disposed of.

The couple will face no action from the police.

The officers took to their @bedfordlpt Twitter account to express their surprise at the find, saying: “Seized today. Elderly couple bought shrub at car boot sale, tended carefully - biggest cannabis plant we had seen!!”

Source

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

My gosh it’s JUST a plant for heaven’s sake!  And it was beautiful.  I don’t really understand how idiot humans can label something as a ‘drug’ that just naturally grows and is, itself, JUST A DARN plant.  It’s how humans use it.  This is a bit like calling a beautiful woman a ‘slut’ just because she was born to be beautiful.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

We want…

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-04-19
hulitoons - 10 October 2012 01:58 PM

This is a bit like calling a beautiful woman a ‘slut’ just because she was born to be beautiful.

I’m sure we’ve all encountered cretins that do that too though, unfortunately a great many of them end up in positions of authority.

You’re right though, the couple were using it as a big, pretty plant, not a drug, and likely as not few people would ever have noticed a thing interesting about it had the police not made a big deal about it. Also, like the reference, I was watching that film a few nights back! I wonder if the police, when they came to remove it, had to remove it… With… A Herring!! (Ni!)

Posted: 17 October 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

True, it is nice-looking, though it *is* called ‘weed’ for a reason - it tends to be rather hard to grow ‘properly’.

I wonder if they thought it was some varietal of Japanese Maple, which is a small plant, but has five-fingered leaves that are very similar…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?