1 of 1
{/paginate}
Tribal elders are used to decide where to dig for a body
Posted: 20 September 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21

Landfill search for body

Ummmm OK.  I guess if this is unsuccessful they can try dowsers or psychics next…

Officers from the identification unit will search a small section of the dump, a spot identified by aboriginal elders during a ceremony conducted in the past month, said McCaskill, who met with Nepinak’s family and community elders Wednesday morning.

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh.. it’s one of those ‘humor the grieving family’ things, I suppose.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 September 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21

Could be.  But it goes beyond that when the search area is determined by this type of method.  What happens when the body isn’t found, does the family then claim that they didn’t dig deep enough?

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

Posted: 21 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

Could this be like one of those situations where the police pretend to use somebody with psychic powers to make the criminal they are looking for feel nervous and make some mistake that will get them caught? I’ve read this is an old police trick, i.e. as described by Doctor Karl. I’m sure I’ve posted about this before.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 21 September 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21

Not sure how that would apply in this case.  The murder has been sentenced, he gave information regarding how he disposed of the body ( several months previously), the landfill company was able to narrow down where the body could be ( assuming the murderer’s information was correct) and it was a very large area, the body would have been there for a significant time, with several tons more of garbage then of earth having already been spread out on top.

The authorities had decided to at least make an effort to look for the body, though there was little chance they’d be successful, now the search area has been shrunken down to a small portion based on the tribal elder’s ceremony & findings.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21

Update:  the search failed, no body was found.  Now the sister of the victim is saying that the police were digging in the wrong spot ( the spot the family approved of), the police listened to the wrong tribal elder & it’s the spot some other tribal elders chose that should have been searched ( I’m guessing if they had searched that spot & found no body, the sister would say that they should have listened to the other tribal elder,  or they didn’t dig deep enough).

search over

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

It’s also possible the body has been drug off by a digging animal, OR that there never had been a body in the first place….the supposed ‘dead’ isn’t really dead after all.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21

Quite possible…. but then the tribal elders should have known that when they did their ritual, if they had any such powers.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Basing a ‘truth’ on the word of a serial killer is also like basing a ‘truth’ on the word of a pathological liar. 

If in fact the victim’s body was buried in pieces, I would take the ‘killer’ who professes the deed right back to the offending site and have HIM point out the various places pieces were strewn or buried.  Why was this method not noted?  My gosh, HE must also be a material witness afterall!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}