3 of 4
September 19th—Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Posted: 10 October 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

No idea.  It’s gone now, anyway.

I’m liking that it’s warming up here.  Although I believe that there’s a bit of rain forecast for the weekend.  Hmm…and the weather for my birthday’s not going to be overly fantastic, either (cloudy and cool).

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 10 October 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

You know.. this marks my third decade of knowing how the seasons work in the southern hemisphere, and it still seems like some sort of bizarre voodoo magic whenever I hear about it getting warmer down there… Talking about heading to the beach for a Christmas vacation, etc. I mean, here in California, we’re hardly making snowmen and shovelling the sidewalks, but it just sounds weird.

In any case, Fall is in full swing here. There’s talk of a few raindrops. Not unheard-of, but we get most of our rain in late winter/early spring.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 10 October 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Definitely getting cooler here too.  The furnace is on and so are various space heaters when necessary.  Still waiting for a frost but I’m sure it’ll come.

As far as Australia, yes, I’ve always viewed that continent as a kind of magical fairyland that came from a region of space and time far-far away!  That even the magnetic currents twist in opposition to ours above, that many critters have only been known there (until Zoos in the north).  Right now the Turning for everyone is almost equal though it will split mightily in short time!  It’s just….fascinating!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Good morning world!  Another day in the office where I will be forced to find activities to keep my brain stimulated and my body active.  Retirement is looking better and better all the time.  Come on lottery…....

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 October 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Testing, testing.  Just checking to see if this thing is still alive.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Well, quiet….......we’re waiting for Sandy to hit.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
hulitoons - 26 October 2012 10:53 PM

Well, quiet….......we’re waiting for Sandy to hit.

All boarded up and as safe as can be I assume?  i hope you brought in a stock of supplies considering the forecasts.  With luck you won’t get hit too bad and wont’ have much to worry about.  I’ll cross my fingers.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

We’ve tied stuff on the deck down and brought in Halloween and garden decorations.  We can’t ‘board’ up though the way people do along the coast lines so I’m keeping drapes and blinds where they are on windows closed.  Other surrounding States are sending in extra utility workers to help when lines go down and my xantrex power battery pack has been charged.  We have propane for a camping stove just in case and bottled water.  The worst wind is supposed to hit tomorrow about 8 and continued sustained through the next day, then slowing over the next few days.  The State and others along the line are already on national emergency because it is certain power will go out and possibly for an extended period of time.  At least I know Erik’s university is closed so I don’t have to worry about that much!

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Just remember - if you use a camp stove indoors, open a window. Nobody likes to suffocate while boiling ramen.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 October 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Oh believe me I told Erik we’d have to set it up by the deck doors so I can crack them open in the kitchen!  A lot of people are without power; our lights have flickered but so far we have remained connected!  Gusts have reached 50 mph and a couple times I could not even push the door open at all.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Robin… For you..
I haven’t been able to be around much.. and i miss our conversations. smile

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

3 of 4