2 of 2
Arizona says pregnancy begins 2 weeks before conception…
Posted: 30 August 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

when I said that I was trying to emphisize the silliness of the law. you cannot be pregnant 2 weeks before conception if you cannot get pregnant in the first place

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 31 August 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

I understood exactly what you meant X.  I was trying to extend and clarify the silliness and stupidity by focusing the perspective of the actual law which would/could extend beyond just the impossibility of ‘not being able to get pregnant because of sterilization’ as well as the impossibility of of ‘not being able to get pregnant if there has been no conception’.

These two, according to the writers of the law, include both impossibilities since neither are possible.  Clearly any and all women and vaginas are suspect, cause for alarm, and not capable of rationality. 

We could also form a law that says ‘apples can become hamburgers’. ergo, ‘hamburgers are really apples’.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-04-19

Blimey. How is it that people actually vote for these creatures, so that they can put these laws into practice? If they’re the best option, who’s standing against them, Genghis Khan and Ivan the Terrible? I knew most scientific theory was regarded with excessive distrust and hostility by a concerning minority in the far South of the US, but the concept that all women are pregnant even before they’ve had sex and conceived is staggering!

This, and the proposal mentioned in the article to test all unemployed people for drug addictions before they can recieve the benefits they’re legally entitiled to, are breathtaking in their cynicism, paranoia, ignorance, and general malevolence. If the cecession idea doesn’t work out, have you considered seeing if Mexico will take them back?

2 of 2